larryspc

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Hello,
hi, I had to have my graphics card replaced by Fry's electronics and they replaced it with and 8400gs. I have a 64 bit hp,It had an HP rating of 5.1 now it's 3.6 due to the graphics what would be a better choice.?

larryspc

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011

Thanks for the response.
First let me give a brief description of my system (original)
HP M9400F, 8 gb ram, with amd radeon HD3650 graphics card. 64 bit quad core. I'm running two wide screen monitors. Used for 3d design and drafting.
I used to build my systems (built my first system in 1984) now I build systems and give them to some of our Senior Citizens (I'm one now), computer prices dropped so much that it was cheaper for me to buy a complete system.

iam2thecrowe, Gman450, renz496:
I did not let them change the graphics card, that was what I got back, as you might know - their position is to replace with an equal or better - in this case they replaced both the power supply and the graphics card. The power supply is 350 watts, the graphics card was changed to the 8400 gs. I'm rather ticked with them, I need to go and talk to them, but have not had time. The so called upgrades did not cost me anything, thanks to the warranty, but I agree with you that they did a very bad job.
I will be upgrading the pwr sply and the graphics card. Power Supply will be between 400 and 600 watt, the graphics card i need to replace too.
Here is my quantry: I don't want to spend more that 200 for a graphics card, I'm not a gamer, but I do alot of FEA and solid modeling graphics so I need a graphics card that cad handle it. Can you give me any suggestions.
Thanks in advance
LARRYSPC