I replaced my recycle bin icon, but is there a way to
Get rid of the words "recycle bin" under the icon?

when i right click recycle bine i only get the options
to: open, explore, create short cut and properties.

See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Rename System (Desktop) Icons.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"mike noland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:688601c47581$d8b3a7a0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>I replaced my recycle bin icon, but is there a way to
> Get rid of the words "recycle bin" under the icon?
>
> when i right click recycle bine i only get the options
> to: open, explore, create short cut and properties.

Hi Mike,

Apply the fix in line 115, reboot and rename Recycle Bin:

115. Rename/Remove the Recycle Bin

Reboot. Select the Recycle Bin and press F2 to rename. Use the method by Kelly - ALT+255 from the numeric keypad which inserts a blank char. (ASCII keycode as used in old MS-DOS days)

Look at "Attributes" section, that decides the menu item for Recycle Bin:
http://www.virtualplastic.net/html/ui_shell.html

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

"mike noland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:688601c47581$d8b3a7a0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
I replaced my recycle bin icon, but is there a way to
Get rid of the words "recycle bin" under the icon?

when i right click recycle bine i only get the options
to: open, explore, create short cut and properties.

kelly

ALT+0160

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

[...]

ALT+255 also works, but never knew about 1060. Thx

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

"Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message news:eRjRlXfdEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
ALT+0160