No Video After Video Card Replacement

Hi. I rma'd my sapphire 6950 2gb video card and got my replacement today. When i installed it and booted up my computer there is no display what so ever. It doesn't even show the bios. It's not because i have integrated graphics because i have a p67 mb. I tried it on a tv and a monitor. I cleared the bios and still nothing. The fan of the video card turns on. I haven't uninstalled my old video card drivers because i can't and its still the 6950 drivers. I have physx drivers but i can't remove the because i dont have a spare video card. I never had an nvidia card i just downloaded the pyhsx drivers so i can play batman aa. I'm, kinda new at computers. Also i can't test my video card on another computer because i only have one.

Specs:
CPU: i5 2500k
MB: Asrock P67 Extreme4
GPU: Radeon 6950 2gb
PSU: Corsair AX750 watt
8 answers Last reply
More about video video card replacement
  1. Try clearing your cmos or pull the battery for 5 minutes.

As a rule, uninstall your video card software before you physically remove it, that way you can start fresh when you install the new card.

Sure you plugged in both power cables?
  2. geekapproved said:
    Try clearing your cmos or pull the battery for 5 minutes.

As a rule, uninstall your video card software before you physically remove it, that way you can start fresh when you install the new card.

Sure you plugged in both power cables?

Yes i will definitely remember to uninstall my old drivers next time. I tried clearing my bios and still nothing. I have plugged in two power connectors.
  3. And you have the DVI connected to the card, not the motherboard?
  4. It's a P67, it doesn't have video out.
  5. Yes the P67 boards don't support integrated graphics and i'm using a hdmi cable. I tried multiple cables as well. Just hoping my video card isn't doa.
  6. Oh. Sorry.
  7. Quote:
    either the pci-e x16 slot on the motherboard (faulty) or the power supply not giving it enough juice..

I've tried the video card on two slots and i used my 750 watt psu for my old video card which was the same one except it was a reference model. I'm pretty sure its not my psu because it's 750 watts and gold certified.
  8. Quote:
    and there is no other card around there to test out.?

No i don't have a spare one. Sorry though because i got it working and its really simple. I just reseated my ram and everything started to work again. Thank you guys for all your help.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Drivers Graphics