Sign in with
Your question

No Video After Video Card Replacement

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 12, 2011 10:08:42 PM

Hi. I rma'd my sapphire 6950 2gb video card and got my replacement today. When i installed it and booted up my computer there is no display what so ever. It doesn't even show the bios. It's not because i have integrated graphics because i have a p67 mb. I tried it on a tv and a monitor. I cleared the bios and still nothing. The fan of the video card turns on. I haven't uninstalled my old video card drivers because i can't and its still the 6950 drivers. I have physx drivers but i can't remove the because i dont have a spare video card. I never had an nvidia card i just downloaded the pyhsx drivers so i can play batman aa. I'm, kinda new at computers. Also i can't test my video card on another computer because i only have one.

Specs:
CPU: i5 2500k
MB: Asrock P67 Extreme4
GPU: Radeon 6950 2gb
PSU: Corsair AX750 watt
a b U Graphics card
August 12, 2011 10:28:10 PM

Try clearing your cmos or pull the battery for 5 minutes.

As a rule, uninstall your video card software before you physically remove it, that way you can start fresh when you install the new card.

Sure you plugged in both power cables?
m
l
August 12, 2011 10:43:40 PM

geekapproved said:
Try clearing your cmos or pull the battery for 5 minutes.

As a rule, uninstall your video card software before you physically remove it, that way you can start fresh when you install the new card.

Sure you plugged in both power cables?

Yes i will definitely remember to uninstall my old drivers next time. I tried clearing my bios and still nothing. I have plugged in two power connectors.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 12, 2011 10:49:51 PM

And you have the DVI connected to the card, not the motherboard?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 12, 2011 10:51:04 PM

It's a P67, it doesn't have video out.
m
l
August 12, 2011 10:57:17 PM

Yes the P67 boards don't support integrated graphics and i'm using a hdmi cable. I tried multiple cables as well. Just hoping my video card isn't doa.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 12, 2011 11:01:06 PM

Oh. Sorry.
m
l
August 12, 2011 11:15:22 PM

Quote:
either the pci-e x16 slot on the motherboard (faulty) or the power supply not giving it enough juice..

I've tried the video card on two slots and i used my 750 watt psu for my old video card which was the same one except it was a reference model. I'm pretty sure its not my psu because it's 750 watts and gold certified.
m
l
August 13, 2011 12:16:35 AM

Quote:
and there is no other card around there to test out.?

No i don't have a spare one. Sorry though because i got it working and its really simple. I just reseated my ram and everything started to work again. Thank you guys for all your help.
m
l
!