Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia northbridge and southbridge with amd cpu

Last response: in CPUs
January 12, 2012 6:30:44 PM

hi ive been trying to figure out how to overclock my cpu (amd athlon ii x2 250) and my motherboards bios only has the option to move the voltage but i cant change ht or fsb or any other of the overclocking options btw i tried amd overdrive and since my mobo north and southbridge is a nvidia i cant use that either can someone plz help me
a c 104 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 12, 2012 8:41:10 PM

I always point people to extreme overclockers and get them to make a post giving the full system spec.

CPU
Motherboard + bios version
Ram
PSU

The members are very good at pointing o/c newbies in the right direction.
m
l
a c 146 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b À AMD
January 12, 2012 9:15:13 PM

If you have a prebuilt system, like HP, Dell, Compaq... you most likely will not be able to overclock it. Those functions are typically removed from the bios.

edit to fix typo's
m
l
January 13, 2012 12:11:53 AM

das_stig said:
I always point people to extreme overclockers and get them to make a post giving the full system spec.

CPU
Motherboard + bios version
Ram
PSU

The members are very good at pointing o/c newbies in the right direction.

cpu: amd athlon ii x2 250 regor
Motherboard: gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2 (rev. 3.1) (downloaded latest bios update via manufacturers wbsite)
Ram: g skill 2gbx2gb ddr3 1333(overclocked to ddr3 1600 in ganged mode)
psu: CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2
this is a system i built myself so ive made a couple mistakes such as buying an oem windows 7 instead of windows 7 full version retail so i cant upgrade major parts such as my mobo without some major problems and also like i said i have a nvidia northbridge and southbridge not an amd one so i can use amd overdrive to overclock and my bios only gives me the option to tune cpu voltage and overclock ram and ive tried other software for overclocking like gigabytes easytune 6 didnt work same with cpu tweaker didnt work
m
l
!