Is the GTX 570 Superclocked version worth the extra $25?

Yozer34

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
So what's the difference between the two other than the clock speeds?

Why does the superclocked version cost more when you can overclock the regular version to even higher clock speeds??

Yozer34

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

I have an EVGA GTX 570.... anyway, is it really risky to OC it? I mean I'm sure it's easy if you have lots of fans and cooling in your case, is it?

now your asking two different questions here link specific models for reference so we can compare them... if you want a straight answer you need to tell a lot more like your full system specs.... imo its not that risky as long as you are not trying to operate the gpu within parameters that are known to be unstable you just have to increase 5-10 MHz test and repeat and then once you hit a wall. Personally I would not increase the voltage but just take what oc you can get out of it with stock volts.

Increasing the voltage is fine as long as you make sure the temps are reasonable. That is often one of the differences between non and factory OCed cards; on the factory OCed ones often the manufacturer has raised the voltage as well as the speed, but you can do that yourself too.