Vic

I'm the only user on my conputer and so i dont need this screen. So how can i make it so that when i turn on my computer in goes directly to my desktop.

Hi

Try this:

From Start>Run type in

control userpasswords2

then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log On' - delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter your account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your way out and then reboot your system.

Or you can use Tweak UI:

You can download TweakUI from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp and when installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go to Logon>Autologon.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"vic" <vic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E5CD80-9B1D-4E8B-8294-AFFE4E116C59@microsoft.com...
> I'm the only user on my conputer and so i dont need this screen. So how can i make it so that when i turn on my computer in goes directly to my desktop.

Vic

This worked for when i turn off and turn on my computer but i have a laptop and so i use hibernation alot and whenever it comes out of hibernation it goes to the logon screen.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Try this:
>
> From Start>Run type in
>
> control userpasswords2
>
> then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log On' - delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter your account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your way out and then reboot your system.
>
> Or you can use Tweak UI:
>
> You can download TweakUI from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp and when installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go to Logon>Autologon.
>

> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "vic" <vic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E5CD80-9B1D-4E8B-8294-AFFE4E116C59@microsoft.com...
> > I'm the only user on my conputer and so i dont need this screen. So how can i make it so that when i turn on my computer in goes directly to my desktop.

Hi

You will be better off contacting your Laptop supplier.