PeacePC

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
I have recently built my own PC having been buying parts for the best part of a year and hence my 'new' mobo is a rather 'old' Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 but I did upgrade the BIOS chip for IvyBridge (I now have a 3770).

I have been struggling with Virtu tho. At first I couldn't get it installed. Now it is installed I get this message

WRONG GPU CONFIGURATION. PLEASE CHECK YOUR HARDWARE/DRIVERS. DISABLING VIRTU, AND EXITING.

This is based on:

Installing the latest Intel HD graphics driver successfully.
Then latest Virtu software successfully.

So I'm looking at the BIOS settings (this is what I have mainly from following other posts):

Advanced Mode / Advanced Tab / System Agent / Graphics Config:

Primary Display = IGFX (other options are Auto or PCIE or PCI and I only have iGP )

IGPU Mem = 64Mb (default)

Render Standby = Disabled

IGPU Multi-Monitor = Enabled

I also tried resetting BIOS to optimised settings and then reapplying the above BIOS settings.

I really don't know what to do to get this working.

PeacePC

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Hi Alex, I will try that tonight but I know I did try PCI 'just to see' as I was so lost. It didn't work.

Hi Hendyiah. No graphics card, only iGP.

PeacePC

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Here is a screen from my manual. Just off screen this it says (Virtu) "Allows users to fully utilize the unique capabilities of advanced Sandy Bridge multimedia features". So I read it that I need this to use the onboard graphics to their full (esp photoshop and video encoding). This is how I read the screen: You can run Virtu in I-mode (it defaults to this when you set primary graphics to IGFX) when only the onboard graphics are available or in D-mode where both graphics are available.

So are you saying I-mode (Onboard graphics only) won't work with onboard graphics only, and so I won't be able to fully use my onboard graphics capabilities?? Confused.

PeacePC

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
That manual isn't loading at the moment and I tried to add to my post that the error only referred to the IGPU not being configured correctly.

Virtu can only be used and enabled if there is a discreet GPU present. There's no way for it to work otherwise.

In any case, I'm not sure I understand the problem.

You don't need Virtu if you don't have a discreet GPU. The feature that you want (Quick Sync) is already available without it. No need for Virtu for that unless you have a discreet GPU.

PeacePC

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
OK Asrock pdf has loaded and I see the same "VIRTU allows user to fully utilize the unique capabilities of the Intel’s advanced media features on Sandy Bridge.."which I really want but it just doesn't sound right that to enable it in I-mode I need another GPU, only to then to totally ignore it?

Read my reply. You don't even need Virtu.

There's a very good reason it won't work, and that's because there's no dedicated GPU installed, but that's beside the point. It's totally and completely useless to you.

You already have what you need without Virtu. Virtu just lets users with discreet cards use Quick Sync. You don't have a discreet card, so it's of no use to you.

PeacePC

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Ah now that sounds more like it. I read the manual as if I do need it to fully utilize my onboard graphics and if I could not run Virtu then the onboard graphics would be limited in some way. I have not got as far as Quick Sync as I thought with Virtu featuring on my Support DVD and in the Manual that this was just the first / major step to fully access the onboard Graphics.

So you are saying with my setup, that even without Virtu running, my onboard graphics will be as fully functional as it would be with Virtu running in I-mode?

PeacePC

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Hi DJD I'm slow! I missed your first reply then it took a while to think and type my own reply. I'm an old fogie - be kind to me :)

PeacePC

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
So now I'm catching up to you and see in your last you had answered my questions (we have been crossing posts).

Thank you very much for your time on this. I actually have notes I made from your helping others trying to help with Virtu.

But bottom line is now I'm happy to know everything is OK with my new PC (so far). Although I built it myself, its my first ever build and its been quite a steep learning curve. Thankfully there are kind people willing to help out.