Change XPPro System folder name?

I am trying to learn how to change a segment of the follow line.
Specifically the (gsg) initials...of a windows system folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\gsg\My Documents\

Anybody know where I can start? I am running XP Professional SP1 on my
laptop. I put these in when I first received my laptop without thinking.

Thanks,
More about change xppro system folder name

    Create a new profile with the name you want it to appear on the folder. Then:

    Copy a User Profile:

    Open System in Control Panel. On the User Profiles tab, and under Profiles stored on this computer, click the user profile you want to copy, and then click Copy To.

    In the Copy To dialog box, under Copy profile to, type the location for the new profile, or click Browse to select the path.
    Click Change to open the Choose User dialog box, click a new user from the Names list, and then click Add. The new user name will appear in Add Name. Click OK to add the user as a new user profile on your computer.

    Note: You must be logged on as an administrator to the local computer to copy user profiles. To open a Control Panel item, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click the appropriate icon.

    Note: You cannot copy to/from the profile you're logged on to.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Titanl9" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:Xns9535681B16DD6TitanLnine@207.46.248.16...

    > I am trying to learn how to change a segment of the follow line.
    > Specifically the (gsg) initials...of a windows system folder.
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\gsg\My Documents\
    >
    > Anybody know where I can start? I am running XP Professional SP1 on my
    > laptop. I put these in when I first received my laptop without thinking.
    >
    > Thanks,

    Hi,

    Thank you, Doug, for the clear instruction on how to change the folder name
    of user profile. G, I am afraid that we have to do these steps to change
    the folder name. If everything works fine in your new profile. You can
    remove the old one from Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Settings
    button in User Profiles section -> Highlight the old name and click Delete
    button.

    Feel free to post your concern or question back and have a nice day!

    Thanks & Regards,

    Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------
    | Subject: Change XPPro System folder name?
    | From: Titanl9 <nospam@nospam.com>
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize
    | Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:16:42 -0700
    |

    | I am trying to learn how to change a segment of the follow line.
    | Specifically the (gsg) initials...of a windows system folder.
    |
    | C:\Documents and Settings\gsg\My Documents\
    |
    | Anybody know where I can start? I am running XP Professional SP1 on my
    | laptop. I put these in when I first received my laptop without thinking.
    |
    | Thanks,

Configuration Laptops Customization Windows XP