Laptop keeps turning off after 3 seconds with a click then back on

I have a ACER ASPIRE ONE 532h-2588 laptop

the problem is that i will turn it on and the laptop will shut off by itself after 3-5 seconds and it will make a click sound. when it turns on, the screen will show a black screen with a small dash as if it is about to boot. i hear the fan turn on and a weird high frequency sound when i put my ear close. just turns off and does nothing

i tried taking out the battery and had it plugged in and still did the same thing
i took out the HDD and it did the same thing but it didn't make the click sound ( i even bought a new one and replaced it but it is still doing the same thing)

now i am not sure what is going on but i wish to fix it. any ideas on what i could do? it is a power problem? the motherboard? did i break my new hdd and have to buy a third one?
2 answers Last reply
More about laptop turning seconds click back
  1. That sounds like overheating issue. Have you checked the cpu temperature in bios? Make sure the vents are free of dust...
  2. it could be a ram or motherboard problem, fans going high on start up is common for most laptops, but it would take a lot longer for an over heat to occur. try clearing your cmos
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Laptops