Sign in with
Your question
Solved

My First Build..Need an Advice

Last response: in Systems
October 13, 2011 3:18:47 PM

I'm planning to build a budget gaming rig.

MOTHERBOARD:am3 gigabyte 880gm-usb3l

GRAPHICS CARD:msi r5770 hawk 5400

RAM: g.skill ripjaws x8gb (dual) ddr3 1600

PSU: Thermaltake TT 450watts TR2 RE QFan

CASING: aerocool (strike x)

PROCESSOR: amd phenom II x4 955 BE 3.2ghz

HDD: seagate 500gb

COOLER:cooler master hyper 212 plus

MONITOR: samsung 18.5" LED

Can this run on a medium or above settings with the latest games?

Is my PSU enough to support all of this?

Is GIGABYTE a good motherboard?

Is the G.skill ripjaws 8gb (dual) compatible with my MOBO?

More about : build advice

a c 113 B Homebuilt system
October 13, 2011 9:51:54 PM

Your PSU is not awful as far as Tt PSUs go. It's made by Channel Well Tech, but I can't find data on the 12V rail. SO, I have to say no. My guess is it's an older design that has less 12V power available.

Were are you buying all this?

What resolution is this monitor?
October 14, 2011 8:46:17 AM

Proximon said:
Your PSU is not awful as far as Tt PSUs go. It's made by Channel Well Tech, but I can't find data on the 12V rail. SO, I have to say no. My guess is it's an older design that has less 12V power available.

Were are you buying all this?

What resolution is this monitor?

I see, can you recommend me some PSU around 450-550watts.

Here is the monitor resolution: 1366 x 768 Display Resolution

I'm gonna buy the parts here in the Philippines.
Related resources

Best solution

October 14, 2011 11:08:23 AM

Well, here we have the Corsair 430CX V2, 500CX V2.
Or any Seasonic in that wattage range.
Antec EA-430 or EA-500

I can't be sure but I think none of that will be available to you.

I looked and found these:
FSP AURUM Series 80+ GOLD
http://www.pcx.com.ph/index.php/components/power-suppli...
Very nice prices for good high efficiency PSUs

Silverstone Strider Essential 500W
http://www.pcx.com.ph/index.php/components/power-suppli...
It's adequate
October 14, 2011 12:15:44 PM

Best answer selected by WashingMachine7.
October 14, 2011 4:48:14 PM

as per your system goes go for at least 550w corsair psu and as far as gigabyte i had used it in my first rig its similar as to msi or asus so infact they are the leaders so go for any one them is same as far
as ram goes i cant say anything i am not sure so please check that out .
October 14, 2011 11:13:42 PM

nitin k said:
as per your system goes go for at least 550w corsair psu and as far as gigabyte i had used it in my first rig its similar as to msi or asus so infact they are the leaders so go for any one them is same as far
as ram goes i cant say anything i am not sure so please check that out .

I would like to get a corsair PSU, sadly it isn't available on the store that I would buy

Is this a good one ====>HERE
October 14, 2011 11:24:14 PM

If it really met 80plus certification they would have gotten it. FSP can make some good PSUs, but I doubt very much that is one of them.

A 5770 is only going to draw 100W max. You just need about 300W from the 12V rail to be completely covered. A 550W PSU might be a nice luxury but it's more important to get a quality PSU than to have an extra 50 or 100W of power.
October 14, 2011 11:43:20 PM

Proximon said:
If it really met 80plus certification they would have gotten it. FSP can make some good PSUs, but I doubt very much that is one of them.

A 5770 is only going to draw 100W max. You just need about 300W from the 12V rail to be completely covered. A 550W PSU might be a nice luxury but it's more important to get a quality PSU than to have an extra 50 or 100W of power.

Taking note of this.

I'll go with this one ====>HERE

Seasonic (S12II) 430watts 80PLUS Bronze.(Is this good?sorry for asking many of this)
October 14, 2011 11:50:23 PM

That is a great choice. Very high quality.
October 15, 2011 9:45:49 AM

washingmachine7 said:
I would like to get a corsair PSU, sadly it isn't available on the store that I would buy

Is this a good one ====>HERE

first of all where you live
i havent used fsp but i know my friends have used it and i have seen it its similar to tagan psu tagan was great but not too efficient and fsp has sli and crossfire certification too on their high end models
so i would say no problem go for it how much warranty you are getting on it if you can manage to have antec or seasonic, thermaltec please do look at them if budget wise they are matching
you know the reality is while selecting a psu always look for warranty,ampere on rails or single rail,and most important of all is efficiency most psu are very poor in efficiency that means more electricity bills less output and reduced life of component .fsp i guess is good brand but i havent used it so i cant say too much about it maybe it could be as efficient as corsair i hope so check out on thease parameters.
!