Bluetooth Qualification

Hello

Hopefully there is someone who can explain the following: If I want to
sell a bluetooth functionality (ie software who uses a bluetooth
stick) is it a must to make a bluetooth qualification with SIG to sell
the bluetooth software? Or can I sell it without qualification? Or:
What have I to do that I don't have to qualify? Is the qualification
just to get the BT-logo?

Thanks for your answers

Michael Edelmann
6 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth qualification

    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:26:54 -0700, Michael J. Edelmann wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > Hopefully there is someone who can explain the following: If I want to
    > sell a bluetooth functionality (ie software who uses a bluetooth
    > stick) is it a must to make a bluetooth qualification with SIG to sell
    > the bluetooth software? Or can I sell it without qualification? Or:
    > What have I to do that I don't have to qualify? Is the qualification
    > just to get the BT-logo?

    If it's just software you're developing, then AFAIK you don't need to be a
    member of the Bluetooth SIG.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
    > If it's just software you're developing, then AFAIK you don't need to be a
    > member of the Bluetooth SIG.

    This is not correct.

    If you are creating a product, then that product needs to be BQB
    approved. They will test the 'profile' being used by that product. If
    the product is almost entirely reusing something that is already BQB
    approved, the amount of testing should be low.

    pzboyz
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:46:36 -0700, pzboyz wrote:

    > michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
    >> If it's just software you're developing, then AFAIK you don't need to be a
    >> member of the Bluetooth SIG.
    >
    > This is not correct.
    >
    > If you are creating a product, then that product needs to be BQB
    > approved. They will test the 'profile' being used by that product. If
    > the product is almost entirely reusing something that is already BQB
    > approved, the amount of testing should be low.

    What about this then ?
    http://www.bluez.org/
    'Official Linux Bluetooth protocol stack'

    This is just software, and there appears to be no BQB approvals, and SIG
    memberships here.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > This is not correct.
    >
    > If you are creating a product, then that product needs to be BQB
    > approved. They will test the 'profile' being used by that product. If
    > the product is almost entirely reusing something that is already BQB
    > approved, the amount of testing should be low.

    Any comments on the claims made by Free2Move (www.free2move.se), then ?
    They sell an OEM module with antenna, stack-on-board and an on-board
    application layer implementing what they have named a 'wireless uart'. They
    claim that *no* additional BT qualification is needed.

    The thing works fine, btw - had a 'birds-nest' prototype running in a day or
    so. Darn, these things are hard to hand-solder... (and no, I have no
    affiliation whatsoever with said company...)

    regards
    Per Laursen
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "Per Laursen" <per.laursen@maNOSPAMil.dk> wrote in message news:<417aa6a2$0$287$edfadb0f@dread16.news.tele.dk>...

    > Any comments on the claims made by Free2Move (www.free2move.se), then ?
    > They sell an OEM module with antenna, stack-on-board and an on-board
    > application layer implementing what they have named a 'wireless uart'. They
    > claim that *no* additional BT qualification is needed.

    They have had the *full* system BQB approved. See this link ...
    http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Template2.cfm?LinkQualified=QualifiedProducts&Details=Yes&ProductID=1298

    When selling said item as a part of whatever end product you are
    selling, you will need to include references to this BQB approval in
    your documentation.

    pzboyz
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Ok - thanks!
    regards
    Per

    "pzboyz" <pzboyz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > "Per Laursen" <per.laursen@maNOSPAMil.dk> wrote in message
    >
    > > Any comments on the claims made by Free2Move (www.free2move.se), then ?
    > > They sell an OEM module with antenna, stack-on-board and an on-board
    > > application layer implementing what they have named a 'wireless uart'.
    They
    > > claim that *no* additional BT qualification is needed.
    >
    > They have had the *full* system BQB approved. See this link ...

    http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Template2.cfm?LinkQualified=QualifiedProducts&Details=Yes&ProductID=1298

    > When selling said item as a part of whatever end product you are
    > selling, you will need to include references to this BQB approval in
    > your documentation.
    >
    > pzboyz

Bluetooth Internet Explorer Software