tweak ui login locked

So i Downloaded Tweak UI from the Windows site, I'm not even sure why now, just saw it and thought I'd check it out, I installed it and looked at the setting, but when I restarted the computer, it made me click on my login to enter, I never had to do that before, so I played with the Tweak UI again, and selected something about "auotlogon" thinking that would solve the problem. But when I restarted the computer, it auto fills my "accounts" password as a two digit number, even though I KNOW its blanked, and obviously won't log in. The admin login then comes up and i try to enter from there, again I KNOW that the passwrod is blanked, but it says "unable to allow access because of account restriction" How do I now get logged into my computer? ANY help would be greatly appreciated, but please dont ask me to make sure my password is correct, I know my passwords, but the auto loggin auto fills it in, I can see it in the background of the screen as It tells me that I have entered the wrong password, I can see the two black dots that are filled in in the box, and it wont allow admin entrance either for some reason...

Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 In the list of users, select the user that you want logged on automatically. Then uncheck the box, Users must enter a username and password.......... Click Apply. On the next dialog, enter the password for the user that you selected, earlier. OK your way out.

TweakUI didn't cause your issue, it was more likely the .NET 1.1 Framework update.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"mrmilleraths" <mrmilleraths@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F3A6FE7-6BAC-4DDD-88A5-9D1EFF83351F@microsoft.com...
> So i Downloaded Tweak UI from the Windows site, I'm not even sure why now, just saw it and thought I'd check it out, I installed it and looked at the setting, but when I restarted the computer, it made me click on my login to enter, I never had to do that before, so I played with the Tweak UI again, and selected something about "auotlogon" thinking that would solve the problem. But when I restarted the computer, it auto fills my "accounts" password as a two digit number, even though I KNOW its blanked, and obviously won't log in. The admin login then comes up and i try to enter from there, again I KNOW that the passwrod is blanked, but it says "unable to allow access because of account restriction" How do I now get logged into my computer? ANY help would be greatly appreciated, but please dont ask me to make sure my password is correct, I know my passwords, but the auto loggin auto fills it in, I can see it in the background of the screen as It tells me that I have entered the wrong password, I can see the two black dots that are filled in in the box, and it wont allow admin entrance either for some reason...

How can I do any of this, IF I can't log into windows?

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 In the list of users, select the user that you want logged on automatically. Then uncheck the box, Users must enter a username and password.......... Click Apply. On the next dialog, enter the password for the user that you selected, earlier. OK your way out.
>
> TweakUI didn't cause your issue, it was more likely the .NET 1.1 Framework update.
>
> --
> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "mrmilleraths" <mrmilleraths@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F3A6FE7-6BAC-4DDD-88A5-9D1EFF83351F@microsoft.com...
> > So i Downloaded Tweak UI from the Windows site, I'm not even sure why now, just saw it and thought I'd check it out, I installed it and looked at the setting, but when I restarted the computer, it made me click on my login to enter, I never had to do that before, so I played with the Tweak UI again, and selected something about "auotlogon" thinking that would solve the problem. But when I restarted the computer, it auto fills my "accounts" password as a two digit number, even though I KNOW its blanked, and obviously won't log in. The admin login then comes up and i try to enter from there, again I KNOW that the passwrod is blanked, but it says "unable to allow access because of account restriction" How do I now get logged into my computer? ANY help would be greatly appreciated, but please dont ask me to make sure my password is correct, I know my passwords, but the auto loggin auto fills it in, I can see it in the background of the screen as It tells me that I have entered the wrong password, I can see the two black dots that are filled in in the box, and it wont allow admin entrance either for some reason...

You're using XP Home. You can only access the built in Administrator account in Safe Mode. Press F8 between the BIOS POST screen and XP actually starting to load, and select Safe Mode from the menu.

"mrmilleraths" <mrmilleraths@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E4DFA68-3A79-4265-8C47-541F59F84B63@microsoft.com...
> How can I do any of this, IF I can't log into windows?
>
> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 In the list of users, select the user that you want logged on automatically. Then uncheck the box, Users must enter a username and password.......... Click Apply. On the next dialog, enter the password for the user that you selected, earlier. OK your way out.
>>
>> TweakUI didn't cause your issue, it was more likely the .NET 1.1 Framework update.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
>> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
>> http://www.dougknox.com
>> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
>> Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>>
>> "mrmilleraths" <mrmilleraths@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F3A6FE7-6BAC-4DDD-88A5-9D1EFF83351F@microsoft.com...
>> > So i Downloaded Tweak UI from the Windows site, I'm not even sure why now, just saw it and thought I'd check it out, I installed it and looked at the setting, but when I restarted the computer, it made me click on my login to enter, I never had to do that before, so I played with the Tweak UI again, and selected something about "auotlogon" thinking that would solve the problem. But when I restarted the computer, it auto fills my "accounts" password as a two digit number, even though I KNOW its blanked, and obviously won't log in. The admin login then comes up and i try to enter from there, again I KNOW that the passwrod is blanked, but it says "unable to allow access because of account restriction" How do I now get logged into my computer? ANY help would be greatly appreciated, but please dont ask me to make sure my password is correct, I know my passwords, but the auto loggin auto fills it in, I can see it in the background of the screen as It tells me that I have entered the wrong password, I can see the two black dots that are filled in in the box, and it wont allow admin entrance either for some reason...

After several attempts, I finally got it to load into safe mode. apparently the window of oppourtunity to press F8 is very small and complicated by the fact that my MoBo Bios uses F8 to manually select the boot drive on start up... Once in safe mode, i restored to a point before installing Tweak UI. Every thing is super now, ANd I so not plan on reinstalling tweak. Thanks for your help.