Artic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II on Crossfire 6970's

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Cooling
  • Crossfire
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
August 13, 2011 11:18:44 AM

I bought two sapphire 6970's a week ago and found that they were insanely loud so I went looking for VGA coolers.

I found the Accelero xtreme plus II and it seemed to be the right thing so I ordered two and they are on their way.

What I'm wondering is how much quieter are they than the stock 6970 fans?

I previously had a nVidia GTX 260 so crossfire 6970's is unbearable for me.

Also I heard they make a 2 slot card 3 slots.

Is it really a full three slots or is it just a bit more than 2?

Im running the second card in the 3rd pcie slot on my motherboard (g1.sniper) so the cards can actually breathe and if the cooler is much more than 2 slots then I cant use my internal USB3 header which would be really annoying.

More about : artic cooling accelero xtreme crossfire 6970

August 13, 2011 12:20:43 PM

Well thats annoying :|

Does anyone know if there a gap or something that would let me still use my usb3 header?

I really don't want to have to run my front usb3 ports out the back of the case.
m
l
Related resources
December 13, 2011 1:09:17 PM

depending on the case you can bend the cables so it gets out of the mobo's way. It'll probably be a very tight fit, but I think you can manage some space. I've been running dual 6870 with arctic accelero II for a while now on a GA 990FXA UD3 and it was a pain to make all the cables fit in the tight space, luckilly my case helped alot regarding to cable management. I use an 800D and used the cable holes to make it all fit. It's VERY tight, but can be done.
m
l
December 13, 2011 9:40:57 PM

KhanTigon said:
depending on the case you can bend the cables so it gets out of the mobo's way. It'll probably be a very tight fit, but I think you can manage some space. I've been running dual 6870 with arctic accelero II for a while now on a GA 990FXA UD3 and it was a pain to make all the cables fit in the tight space, luckilly my case helped alot regarding to cable management. I use an 800D and used the cable holes to make it all fit. It's VERY tight, but can be done.

I have an 800D as well (great case but still not big enough) and it's a very tight fit with the USB 3 header and it surprises me that the pins are in far enough for it to work but it does.

Now if only I could fit my GTX 260 in as well so I could use my 3d vision kit and monitor again.....
m
l