AM3+ cpu compatible with windows xp

primecaliber42

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Im having difficulty with a new computer that i am building for a friend of mine and i was wondering if anyone knows for sure that an AM3+ cpu is compatible and capable of running on windows XP?

D

Deleted member 217926

Yes you can. You might have a hard time finding drivers for the new hardware on anything older than XP but theoretically you could even run Windows 98 or even 95.

The operating system is not the problem. Maybe post the problem so we can help?

primecaliber42

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Ok i figured that this was not the issue however i felt i should make sure. I know for a fact the the CPU was seated correctly and all the cables and have been correctly attached. Nothing was amiss with anything. After i got everything put together and ready to fire up and load the OS i put the disc into the dvd drive and it goes through the initial load up then once it reached the point that it says starting windows ( by this i mean that it went through about 2 mins of loading programs of some sort but this is a brand new HDD western digital caviar blue 160GB sata drive and still needs to be formatted so i was expecting a formatting prompt however it hit me with a BSOD with a 0x0000007b error code) so at this point the computer had only been running for a couple of minuets at the most. Then gave me that BSOD and suggested that i run CHDSK. Well obviously i cannot do that because there is not a OS loaded onto the HDD. Now this is where it gets interesting i tried throwing in another HDD that i know is in perfect working order and it gave me the exact same error code as before. So obviously or atleast to me it seems that the error does not lie in the HDD but is elsewhere. Now where the problem lies is my problem as i do not have a single clue as to what could be causing this issue. An this is a build that im doing for a coworker and am now EXTREMELY stressed over this issue.

primecaliber42

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
11-144-264 CASE APEVIA| X-PLORER2-BK RTL

13-131-754 MB ASUS | M5A99X EVO 990X R

14-161-377 VGA HIS|H679F1GD HD6790 1G D5 R

19-103-996 CPU AMD|4-CORE FX-4100 3.6G 8M R

20-231-308 MEM 4Gx2|GSKILL F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL R

22-136-590 HD 160G|WD 7K SATA2 RFHWD1600AAJS

Those are the parts all ordered from newegg, and i also put in a extra 650w diablotek PSU that i had that i know to be in perfect working order as it was taken out of an old rig that i had an put into this new one.

see here: www.lmgtfy.com/?q=0x0000007b+&l=1
you should really consider using windows 7. its much better and XP is about dead at this point. another option is if XP drivers even exist for your hardware is to install from a USB drive and include them on there.

hitechgowthaman

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
systew support xp no problem ,use single ram ,Do not use additional hdd at the time of instalation, check sata cable is working and good condition, try another sata cable , check all cables are plug correctly and no loose connection and powered correctly

hitechgowthaman

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
systew support xp no problem ,use single ram ,Do not use additional hdd at the time of instalation, check sata cable is working and good condition, try another sata cable , check all cables are plug correctly and no loose connection and powered correctly