Sign in with
Your question

I wanna replace the capacitors on my graphics card as they are blown o

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 13, 2011 11:56:07 AM

Hi,

i recently noticed that the capacitors ( FZ78,1500,6.3V 5nos and FZ78,1000,6.3V one nos) on my Graphics card (Nvidia GT7300 Zebronics) are pierced out from inside and are blown out..
1. what is the reason for such a thing to happen??
2. is it better to replace the capacitors, if yes what would be the approx cost??
3. or, shall i purchase a new graphic card??
4. which is the best one now??
a c 146 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
August 13, 2011 12:49:50 PM

not sure about what the exact cause but maybe the capacitor just die from being old. btw just go straight for option no. 3. which card to take it depends on your system spec as well
m
l
August 13, 2011 2:33:37 PM

renz496 said:
not sure about what the exact cause but maybe the capacitor just die from being old. btw just go straight for option no. 3. which card to take it depends on your system spec as well

hi,

Thankyou very much for your valuable suggestion,
my system spec is as follows:-
Intel D945 MoBo,Intel core-2-duo, 1GB DDR2 RAM, 250GB HDD.

Also m planning to increase my RAM by another GB,
but my friends suggested that i cant last for long with this config. They suggested to go for
a new MoBo, i3, 3 or 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD, 1GB Graphic card and a new LCD monitor.
What do you suggest,
if i sell my current config i may get 6K-8K rupees. but to buy the above mentioned config i require 28K.
So is it better to invest in RAM and a new Graphics Card or Shall i go for a new system.
Please suggest me.
also please let me know how long can i last with my current sys config with the developing trend of technology.
m
l
Related resources
August 13, 2011 2:52:13 PM

I'd suggest buy the parts one by one.
You can keep your old monitor for sometimes.
Firstly, buy the i3 and LGA1155 MoBo and HDD, then the Graphics Card, at last a new monitor. ;) 
m
l
a c 146 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
August 13, 2011 2:54:40 PM

it depends on how much you want to spend. what your friends suggesting are to build your rig from the scratch. the benefit is it will last longer than upgrading certain parts your current rig. i3 is quite capable as a gaming cpu especially the i3 2100 but i believe most hardcore gamer will want native quad cores such as i5 processors which is better suit the games that can take more benefit from more than 2 cores. 4GB is quite common to have today but you're going to need 64bit OS to use all the available RAM. but if you don't really have the money right now upgrading your current parts might be a better choice for you. what is the exact model for your processor? what is your preferred gaming resolution?
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
August 13, 2011 3:33:18 PM

You can fix that card for next to nothing and is very easy to do with a cheap solder iron and rosen core solder. You only have to match the volts when replacing them and it is ok if they are higher rated and not the same type but you must get the polarity right. As for cost if you already have tools on hand then it can be a few bucks or even free if you got a old board that you can scrap for them.
m
l
August 13, 2011 4:42:15 PM

thankyou all.. ll take some time out to think what to do taking all your valuable suggestions to consideration.. :) 
m
l
!