ASUS p8h67-v
4 gb ddr3 Kingston
V8

500 watt antec earth watt psu
antec six hundred se casing
200 mm fan, 4*120mm fan
xfx gts 250 core edition .

my driver stops working few times.

crysis 2 crashes as soon as i start. gpu max temp 80.

well my real question is, is my psu ok for this system? cus i read sum where it requires 23 amp. and my psu has 17+17 amp connector. i.e. 2x6pin connector.

Lutfij

Titan
welcome to the forums, newcomer!

about the GPU - You will need a power supply at minimum 450W and 30A total / combined on the +12V rail(s) for the GTS 250.

and from what i can see on newegg's spec'd sheet; this is how th rails look;+3.3V@25A, +5V@24A, +12V1@22A, +12V2@22A, -12V@0.8A, +5VSB@2.5A

so i think a new PSU is in order.

maybe pick up a NZXT hale90 550W 80+gold PSU?

What :ouch: :ouch:

No no no. You have a 500 Watt PSU with 37 Amps, also it has the required 2 x 6 pin PCIE connectors. Its more than enough power to run that card.

Mactronix :)

500 watts , 34 amps combined ( OP stated dual 17a rails, that's the orignal Seasonic built Earthwatts ) , dual 6 pin pcie connectors, and you think a new psu is in order for a GTS 250 ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=35

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Antec-EarthWatts-500-W-Power-Supply-Review/526/10

Lutfij

Titan
sorry i've been away from the forums, been busy with some agenda's :)

the link i posted essentially means that you are bumping up/down the voltages to produce an OC on you GPU to get to the desired frequencies. YTou might be having some voltages mis-aligned thas causing the OCCT crashes. As the thread(i posted) suggested, OCCT is a stress testing utlity to test the OC on your card is stable or not.

If the stress test fails on the get go, then the voltages are off...even for factory settings.

do more google searches and compare them with your card. But the link i posted asks the OP to tinker around the voltages and the frequencies to reach a stable OC...or maybe a stock setting for that 250.

hope this helps.

P.S; I am coming off fresh off a BSOD galore frustration roundup...only to find out that the BSOD's were cause of voltages being improper (by default) on the mobo...trust me, usually the voltages are what eat up your head and give up sleepless nights :/