Please help DVD rotation Speed

G

Help,

Does anybody know if it's possible to change the read speed on a Pioneer DVD105S (16x40). If i'm playing a DVD the player keeps going at full speed and is making a lot of noise. For playing a DVD 2x speed should be enough.

Asus A7V
Athlon 700
128 MB pc133
Windows ME
Geforce 256 sdr
SB-Live
Pioneer DVD 105s

mpjesse

Splendid
The DVD ROM is reading the DVD at 2x speed. The only time a DVD ROM will read anything faster is when your playing with actual data on the DVD- like files. What you need to do is either loosen or tighten the screws on the bezel holding the drive. If that doesn't work- you've got a cheap case. You may just have to deal with it.

-MP Jesse

G

foam around the drive can also help

pill128

Take your pill, and get some sleep.

G

Thanks for your reaction, but I'm expiriencing something else: I'v been playing some different discs now and all but one are nice and quiet. The DVD in question is a movie DVD (not a data type)and as soon as I start to play it my player goes ready for take-off e.g. full speed. For now I'll just stop playing this disc but I'm still confused.

Wimmel

G

Nope, It goes full speed ahead and doesn't spin down till the end of the movie.

seanmcne

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Actually I have seen this with some Cd's too. The disc may just be off balance by a fraction of an inch. Just like tire balancing it can shake the hell out of your PC. Try putting rubber gromets around the screw holes that you fasten the drive in with, this helped my CD-Rom situation a lot. But it did not totaly solve it. Some are just noisey... sorry
-=-Sean-=-
PS: anything above 2x DVD speed is fluff unless you use it for data purposes. So most drives will only read at a 2x or even 1x speed, usually it will spin faster but burst read the movie.