Sign in with
Your question

Laptop CPU Upgrade

Last response: in CPUs
January 13, 2012 5:25:20 AM

Hi,
I have a toshiba l510 which I use for medium gaming and I wanted to upgrade my cpu from an intel pentium dual core T4300 to a Core 2 Duo T9900. The only problem is that my current cpu is soldered to my mainboard (btw can I somehow unsolder it?). So unless I can unsolder the cpu, I need another mainboard that can fit in the toshiba l510, fit the Core 2 Duo T9900 and if possible (keyword: IF) have 4 or more ddr3 or ddr2 slots (ddr2 is most prefrable but I can sell my ddr2 and swap to ddr3).

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers, Luke

More about : laptop cpu upgrade

January 13, 2012 5:40:18 AM

short answer you'll be buying a new laptop

slightly longer answer: many things could be done, including rebuilding your laptop from scratch with different components. but laptop components arn't easily available. they are often custom fit (like if you replace your motherboard with one from a newer model you'll find that some other component in your case doesn't quite fit anymore) and you need some serious tools to even attempt it. if saving money is your goal look for a second hand/refurbished laptop that's a bit better than what you have.
m
l
a c 185 à CPUs
January 13, 2012 7:08:10 AM

nope.avi buy a new computer
m
l
a c 80 à CPUs
January 13, 2012 8:54:18 AM

l3gend_luk3 said:
Hi,
I have a toshiba l510 which I use for medium gaming and I wanted to upgrade my cpu from an intel pentium dual core T4300 to a Core 2 Duo T9900. The only problem is that my current cpu is soldered to my mainboard (btw can I somehow unsolder it?). So unless I can unsolder the cpu, I need another mainboard that can fit in the toshiba l510, fit the Core 2 Duo T9900 and if possible (keyword: IF) have 4 or more ddr3 or ddr2 slots (ddr2 is most prefrable but I can sell my ddr2 and swap to ddr3).

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers, Luke

you should set a budget for a new laptop and back up your data from your current laptop hdd.
m
l
!