Sign in with
Your question

Display Driver Crashing Constantly - Can't Use PC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 13, 2011 2:52:31 PM

I am having a huge problem with my PC. This is a gaming PC I built a few months ago. At a glance, the specs of my PC consist of an i5-2500k, and a GTX 570 from EVGA. I am using a Corsair TX750W PSU.

The problem began occurring a couple weeks ago, where after playing games for extended times would result in the display driver crashing. I didn't think much of it, but now it has gotten much worse. I cannot use the computer at all. Halfway through typing this post, the computer crashed after many display driver crashes, and I am forced to type this in Safe Mode with Networking. The computer can sit idle just fine, and the temps never go near any dangerous levels, but once I visit a webpage with video, or attempt to play a game, the system goes nuts, flashing on and off due to display driver crashes.

I have searched on numerous forums including this one, and I would hope that the problem isn't that my graphics card is damaged. I have done no overclocking to the system, only increased the fan speed of my graphics card. Usually on the boot of my computer, I can start up a video, say a netflix movie, and have it run for around two minutes, then the crashes begin to happen. While in Safe Mode like I am now, the movie can play just fine, obviously without audio in Safe Mode.

Any help would be much appreciated.
a b U Graphics card
August 13, 2011 3:08:12 PM

First thing that is the big issue is if you have overclocked. I thought when I first got my 6850 that my drivers where bad ,but my overclocking caused many crashes. Do you have a temperature monitor for your gpu?
m
l
August 13, 2011 3:35:08 PM

mute20 said:
First thing that is the big issue is if you have overclocked. I thought when I first got my 6850 that my drivers where bad ,but my overclocking caused many crashes. Do you have a temperature monitor for your gpu?

The only thing close to overclocking I have done is simply raise my fan speed. Like I said in my post, my temps never go to dangerous levels. It stays below 50C at all times when not gaming.
m
l
!