Intel Display Audio / Supreme X-Fi 2 at the same time?

seedless

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Hello all, long time reader first time poster lol

Tried doing some digging on my own and couldn't really find any answers so here goes

I have an Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 Mobo, Z68 chipset with an Intel i3-2105, and it came with Sound Blaster X-Fi 2 onboard audio

I also have a GeForce 7600 GT installed

I'm running dual displays with my monitor plugged into the GeForce 7600 and my LG TV plugged into the Intel onboard graphics HDMI port wanting to use Intel Display Audio

My question is, is there a way to tell the computer which displays use which audio, or which applications use which audio? Like I want to be able to watch a movie in GOM player on the TV using the TV speakers for audio with the HDMI cord, while I play WoW on my monitor with audio coming from the PC speakers (so i can plug my headphones in)...but right now all of the audio is coming through my PC speakers

Is this possible?

Thanks

No, though I wish there was. While you can have two audio devices going at once, you can only do this is if one of the applications in use allows you to manually select which audio output device you want to use, which VERY few do. Aside from that, Windows seems perfectly capable of using multiple audio output devices at the same time, you jsut don't have the ability to select more then one at a time...