Pairing headset after coming back into range with phone

Last response: in Technologies
Share
October 19, 2004 3:20:02 PM

When my Jabra 250 headset goes out of range of my Moto V505 and I come
back into range I have to go through the pairing process again.
I though this pairing would only have to be done once and the devices
would communicate whenever they are in range.
Jabra claims this is part of the Bluetooth standard 1.2

Any ideas?

TIA,
Mike
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 9:13:02 PM

"Mike" <michael.mcentee@interdigital.com> wrote in message
> When my Jabra 250 headset goes out of range of my Moto V505 and I come
> back into range I have to go through the pairing process again.
> I though this pairing would only have to be done once and the devices
> would communicate whenever they are in range.
> Jabra claims this is part of the Bluetooth standard 1.2

Don't know if this is part of Bluetooth 1.2 or not, but it doesn't sound
like it should be happening. It's been my experience with an 250 that I had
for a while (with my V710) that the Motorola BT headsets seem to work much
better with Motorola products than other brands of headsets. When I tried
the 250 with my V710, it seemed to go brain dead after a while and if I
remember right, I either had to turn the 250 off and then on again or had to
re-pair it, can't recall which. Never have had this problem with the hs810
that I use now with the V710.

--
God Bless America!

Bob the Printer

Our web pages are located at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bdolson/

Now with a picture link to the webcam near
Mount St. Helens volcano!

Or you can click on the link below to go to the
the Mt. St. Helens page.
http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

Please note that if it's nighttime there you
will see nothing but 'hash' in the picture.
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 12:58:42 AM

October 22, 2004 3:54:29 PM

"Bob the Printer" <bdolson@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Mike" <michael.mcentee@interdigital.com> wrote in message
>> When my Jabra 250 headset goes out of range of my Moto V505 and I come
>> back into range I have to go through the pairing process again.
>> I though this pairing would only have to be done once and the devices
>> would communicate whenever they are in range.
>> Jabra claims this is part of the Bluetooth standard 1.2
>
> Don't know if this is part of Bluetooth 1.2 or not, but it doesn't sound
> like it should be happening. It's been my experience with an 250 that I
> had for a while (with my V710) that the Motorola BT headsets seem to work
> much better with Motorola products than other brands of headsets. When I
> tried the 250 with my V710, it seemed to go brain dead after a while and
> if I remember right, I either had to turn the 250 off and then on again or
> had to re-pair it, can't recall which. Never have had this problem with
> the hs810 that I use now with the V710.
>

> --
> God Bless America!
>
> Bob the Printer

I found a similar problem. I use a Plantronics M2500 with my V600 and
sometimes the BT connection is lost and although I don't have to 're-pair'
the devices - I have to initiate the connection again.

Also have a HS810 (free with V600) that works perfectly with the V600 - pity
I hate wearing it though

Clive
Anonymous
October 23, 2004 2:44:58 AM

"Clive" <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Also have a HS810 (free with V600) that works perfectly with the V600 -
> pity I hate wearing it though

Why do you hate wearing the 810??
Anonymous
October 23, 2004 2:00:56 PM

> "Clive" <someone@nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>> Also have a HS810 (free with V600) that works perfectly with the V600 -
>> pity I hate wearing it though
>

> Why do you hate wearing the 810??

Just does't 'fit' right. Seems like (and it does) is always just about to
fall off my ear.

Guess peoples ears are just different.

Always preffered the in ear type like the Jabra BT200/250 series, or now the
Plantronics M2500 I'm using

Clive

!