use subst to map a drive at startup

Hi XP gurus,

can someone please tell me how to (or rather where to)
place the line
subst m: "e:\my documents\my music"
(or WinXP equivalent)
so that it is implemented each time I boot the PC

Thanks in advance

russ wrote:
> can someone please tell me how to (or rather where to)
> place the line
> subst m: "e:\my documents\my music"
> (or WinXP equivalent)
> so that it is implemented each time I boot the PC

Create a script. Call it "mapdrv.cmd" and save it someowhere.. Make a
shortcut to in your startup folder (or create the script itself in your
startup folder.)

Your startup folder is located:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOURPROFILENAME\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

That script would have that line in it..

subst m: "e:\my documents\my music"

--
<- Shenan ->

If you want it only for your user account put it in the Start Menu, Programs, Startup folder. If you want it for any user that logs on, put it in the Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.