Opinions on Custom Build and Mobo selection

TDoubleE

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
(Originally posted in Opinions forum...)

Greetings,
Looking for general opinions on a build I am working on, as well as suggestions between 2 motherboards I am trying to decide on.

The items I currently have are:
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Full tower
Power Supply: Ultra X4 1200W Modular PSU
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4Ghz
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1333 PC3-10666 16GB (4x4GB) (CL 7-7-7-21)
Optical Drive: LG Blu-Ray Burner
SSD (Main): OCZ Agility 2 120GB SSD
HDD (Storage): Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

Items waiting to purchase:
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 (1.5GB)
Motherboard: -Deciding between
ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe
ASRock Z68 Extreme4 GEN3

I will be using the build primarily for gaming at max resolution and ultra settings, as well as HD video creation, editing, and rendering, and various other digital media creation. Also looking to possible overclock a little, so overclocking tools is a consideration. So whatever your thoughts and opinions are, I am all ears.
Also trying to decide between the mobos. I was originally planning on the ASUS, but then I saw the ASRock with the usual SATA III, USB 3.0, BUT ALSO the PCI 3.0 and IVY support, all for CHEAPER than the ASUS. So I may be missing something. And that is why I came to you guys...

Thanks for any input in advance.

Asrock and Asus parted ways close to two years ago now. They have nothing in common other than the names of both companies start with the letter "A".

@ the OP. I would go for the Asrock just for the PCI-E 3.0 if anything. Asus dropped the ball and won't have those PCI-E 3.0 boards out until the first of the year.

http://www.asrock.com/microsite/PCIe3/ <----- PCI-E 3.0