dejavuband

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
HI CAN THE Asrock N68C-S AM2+ MOBO SUPPORT A GEFORCE 9800GX2 AS IVE UPGRADED MY POWER SUPPLY TO 700WATTS AND IT SUPPORTS DUAL SLI,CROSSFIRE ETC I CAN RUN A GEFORCE 9800GTX+ BLACK EDITION WITH NO PROBS AT ALL BUT IVE TRIED TWO GEFORCE GX2 MODELS ONE WAS LEADTEK,AND THE OTHER ONE THAT I HAVE NOW IS XFX ALL POWER LIGHTS ARE LIGHTING UP GREEN,WITCH MEANS THERE AMPLE POWER,BUT AT THE BACK OF THE CARD I THINK ITS SUPPOSED TO LIGHT UP BLUE ON THE PRIMARY CARD AND GREEN ON SECOND CARD OR VICE VERSA,ANYWAY I HAVE A GREEN LIGHT AT THE BACK BUT NO BLUE,IVE READ UP ALOT ON THIS CARD AS MY PCIE EXPRESS IS ONLY VERSION 1 NOT TWO,COULD THIS BE A FACTOR WHY ITS NOT WORKING,IVE READ THE TESTS ON TOMS HARDWARE VERSION 2 IS IT REALLY NEEDED,IN THE TESTS THEY USED A VERSION 2 PCIE SLOT AND THEN TAPED OFF SECTIONS ON THR FINGERS ON GRAPHIC CARD WHICH BY THE WAY WAS A GEFORCE 9800GX2,FROM THE FINDINGS THE GEFORCE WAS NOT BOTTLE NECKED AND THE RESULTS FROM 16,8 AND EVEN 4X WERE VERY CLOSE,BUT IM WONDERING IF THIS MOBO I GOT WILL SUPPORT THE GX2 AS I DON'T KNOW IF ANTONE HAS TRIED TO PUT A DUAL GPU IN A VERSION 1 SLOT,FAN SPINS REALLY FAST BUT I JUST COULDN'T GET ANY DISPLAY AT ALL,ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS GUYS,CHEERS AND SORRY FOR SHOUTING :non:

dejavuband

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
But would this have anything to do with the blue light not working,no screen and fan spinning flat out?i was considering getting an Asrock extreme 4 do you think this would be a good board to use with this card or if the cards broken i may just run the two 9800gtx+ black edition cards in sli,board is 88 pound could you recommend any other boards in this price bracket +or-a few quid that would be better,needs to be am3+ cheers

dejavuband

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Ive just spent 15 mins retyping the above message with more info,but it says im not allowed to edit the message,sorry but this forum stuff is new to me.

djabhi003

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Do not use All CAPS while posting because it is considered Shouting! Now if u can't edit, den reply here itself!
Now From The Internet I Was able to gather this info:
Model: iCute 700w.
DC Output Wattage max, +3.3V, +5V, +12V, +12V, -12V, +5VSB.
28A, 28A, 20A, 20A, 0.8A, 2A.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/icute-modular-atx-dual-vga-power-supply-221195

From this it is clear that it has 2 x +12V Rails at 20A Each, Which Is Roughly Equivalent To 40A On 1 x +12V Rail When We Add Up(PLEASE Do Remember dat this is not the way that actual +12V Rails add up, i did it just for explaining)

So Power = 40 x 12V = 480W.. Thats The Max Power Your PSU Can Provide On Its 12V Rails. And The 12V Rail is the one that Powers ur Mobo,GPU Etc.
So Actually Its Not Good Enough!
This Is The Problem With Buying Cheap PSU's... Please Buy Branded Ones Only!
A Corsair GS600W Would Have Been Plenty For Your Setup I Guess!

dejavuband

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Ok went out and brought 850 watt corsair psu 80+ gold standard psu number-AX-850 professional series done alot of research on psu,s and this one is the best or one of the best in its class fully modular one 12 volt rail running @ 70 amps,70x12=840 watts on single rail(which you lads told me is the main power to the mobo,)on tests this psu has been made with high class components which will still draw 1000watts @ 80% efficiency on overload test.
im getting exactly same results as with the other supply,but im getting better overclocking now with this psu so ive gained some improvements,and this alone tells me you were right about the cheaper 700watt only putting 480watts to the mobo,i must of been right on the limit when running my Geforce 9800GTX+ Black edition as it wouldn't run @ 3800mhz ,kept crashing,it must of really been on the limit with the power,but now i have a rock steady 3800mhz overclock x 2 as my cpu is Athlon x2 255 ,now for the bad news when trying the g2 again both eight and 6 pin sockets are lighting up green which means ample power to the card,still only have one green light at the back of card no blue,the green and blue lights are there to tell you which is primary card and which is secondary card,fans spinning at full i would say, but still no output on display,i will be getting the new MSI 990FXA-GD65 AMD 990FX (Socket AM3+) DDR3 PCI-Express ATX Motherboard in a few days this mobo supports the new bulldozer cpu,s and has two pcie slots that both run @16x single and two times 16 in dual its sli and crossfire ready,if it dont run on the new board its def faulty,can i have your thoughts on the psu and mobo ive just brought,got the mobo for 107 pounds brand new and got the psu for 115 pounds brand new,any thoughts lads and thank you for the speedy responses,cheers Wayne.

dejavuband

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
If you are interested here is a review of the mobo on order
http://www.overclocking-tv.com/content/reviews/11420/msi-990fxa-gd65-reviewed/