SpiderShamcey

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
The Ram is 2.00 gig and the model of my motherboard is G31t-m7

I'm just really confused 'cause when tried to check the specs for the power supply there was nothing, not even a sticker........ :eek:

totalknowledge

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
The power supply itself should have a sticker on it somewhere telling you what it is. If not, its time to replace it anyway.

If you are looking to replace it, what kind of graphics card (or do you use the motherboard gpu?) do you have, and what is your budget for a new psu?

SpiderShamcey

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
Well the graphics card that i have right now it Nvidia 8400 and im planning to buy Gtx 560 and if i need to buy a new power supply then i'd just have to delay my plans in buying battlefield 3

totalknowledge

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Or along the right side. It sounds like the rest of your set up is pretty basic, so depending on what your plans for upgrades in the future are, a 500 ~ 650 psu should be fine with the 560.

If you are getting the non ti version then a 450 would work, but there won't be much wiggle room.

What's your psu budget?

A plain GTX560 needs about 15 amps. A C2D CPU needs about 6 amps. That's 21 amps or about 250 watts. Your motherboard is a low end board so figure 80 - 100 watts for the rest of the system. That is no more than about 350 watts. Although a really good 400 watt PSU (like the now discontinued Corsair 400CX) would work, I recommend a good 500 watt PSU. You would be operating at no more than 70% of rated capacity.

In the link that tk posted in the 500 - 550 watt PSU, I recommend (in order) the Seasonic, Antec, and Corsair.

You are assuming the 2-4K is in US Dollars. Is it, or is it INR? Afterall, the question was about his PSU budget, not the budget for an entirely new build.
You don't want to get a cheap PSU. If none of the ones on Proximon's list are available to you, my quick and dirty rules are: Full range active PFC (no little voltage switch) and some level of 80+ certification. 80Plus tests at an unrealistically low temperature, but they do run them up to full labeled power for over half an hour, and a cheap PSU will blow chunks if you do that to it.

I think it's in Philippine pesos.

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 560 graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and that has at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

What power supply brands and models do you have available to you?

I specifically chose that power supply because it meets the power requirements to power a system using a single GeForce GTX 560 graphics card and it was within your budget specification.