Question about VMU, mine is having detection problems.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

Is it normal for vmu's to appear and disappear as being connected to
the dreamcast, mine is a third party brand with no LCD. For example,
the game will autosave and detect the vmu just fine, then the next
time it detects to autosave, it does not detect it. Moving the card
around does nothing, it has about 50/50 detection rate regardless of
which game slot it is in.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

> i had a 3rd party Mem card when i 1st got my DC and the saves disappeared
> and reappeared , which isnt normal.......i took it back and got an Official
> SEGA VMU....no probs since.
>
> s8n

It's because most 3rd party memory cards use compressed memory, IIRC. The Sega
brand does not.

Bel

--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/
or http://users2.ev1.net/~belpowerslave/

"...we traveled together...east, always into the east."
- Marius, Diablo II