[Dumb Question] Can I use a Bluetooth headset on a Laptop?

Tags:
  • Bluetooth
  • Laptops
  • Headsets
  • Dell
Last response: in Technologies
Share
October 19, 2004 11:29:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Can I use a Bluetooth headset on a Laptop? It's a Dell that has built-in
Bluetooth. I have a bluetooth mouse that works. But, will it support a
headset?

Thanks

Mack

More about : dumb question bluetooth headset laptop

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 19, 2004 11:29:17 PM

"mack" <mack@mack.mack> wrote in message

> Can I use a Bluetooth headset on a Laptop? It's a Dell that has built-in
> Bluetooth. I have a bluetooth mouse that works. But, will it support a
> headset?

It should work (as long as you don't have XP SP2)...
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 19, 2004 11:56:08 PM

mack <mack@mack.mack> wrote:
>Can I use a Bluetooth headset on a Laptop? It's a Dell that has built-in
>Bluetooth. I have a bluetooth mouse that works. But, will it support a
>headset?

The driver suite and GUI for the BT module in my Latitude D600 appears
to have a headset profile, though I don't have one so I can't tell
you for sure that it works, but the other stuff (Palm, phone, mouse)
work well, and I'd expect it to work. Note that some headsets have a
headset profile while others have a hands-free profile, and there are
some minor incompatabilities...
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 20, 2004 2:35:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

The organic entity known as Bob the Printer communicated the following:

>> Can I use a Bluetooth headset on a Laptop? It's a Dell that has built-in
>> Bluetooth. I have a bluetooth mouse that works. But, will it support a
>> headset?
>
> It should work (as long as you don't have XP SP2)...

I have one working on my Inspiron 8600 here *with* SP2 installed ....
!