[Dumb Question] Can I use a Bluetooth headset on a Laptop?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Can I use a Bluetooth headset on a Laptop? It's a Dell that has built-in
Bluetooth. I have a bluetooth mouse that works. But, will it support a
headset?

Thanks

Mack
3 answers Last reply
More about dumb question bluetooth headset laptop
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "mack" <mack@mack.mack> wrote in message

    > Can I use a Bluetooth headset on a Laptop? It's a Dell that has built-in
    > Bluetooth. I have a bluetooth mouse that works. But, will it support a
    > headset?

    It should work (as long as you don't have XP SP2)...
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    mack <mack@mack.mack> wrote:
    >Can I use a Bluetooth headset on a Laptop? It's a Dell that has built-in
    >Bluetooth. I have a bluetooth mouse that works. But, will it support a
    >headset?

    The driver suite and GUI for the BT module in my Latitude D600 appears
    to have a headset profile, though I don't have one so I can't tell
    you for sure that it works, but the other stuff (Palm, phone, mouse)
    work well, and I'd expect it to work. Note that some headsets have a
    headset profile while others have a hands-free profile, and there are
    some minor incompatabilities...
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    The organic entity known as Bob the Printer communicated the following:

    >> Can I use a Bluetooth headset on a Laptop? It's a Dell that has built-in
    >> Bluetooth. I have a bluetooth mouse that works. But, will it support a
    >> headset?
    >
    > It should work (as long as you don't have XP SP2)...

    I have one working on my Inspiron 8600 here *with* SP2 installed ....

Bluetooth Laptops Gaming Headsets Dell