Sign in with
Your question

Want your opinion...let me know what you think.

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 13, 2012 4:08:01 PM

I would like to say, that I come to this forum for two reasons. One is that everyone one on here, especially the guys who are frequent on here and the mods, are very intelligent and honest when it comes to answering posts. The second is the community is always very helpful and prompt with any issues I have ever had. So....thank you to all of you guys, you don't get it enough, what you do is very, very helpful, & is greatly appreciated. So THANKS![:boudy:2]

Now, here is my question. I recently purchased a gaming computer, so that I can play a new game out (Star Wars: the old republic). And I want to optimize my computer to run it the best as possible. Here is my setup, and I know I should have went with a K, but I didn't know the difference at the time.

Hp Pavilion Elite h8-1124
Windows 7 (64)
i7-2600
AMD Radeon 6570
8Gb Ram
1TB Hard Drive

I don't think my processor uses turbo boost, is there a way I can install it? What optimization's can I make to have better performance, without purchasing any new hardware? Are there any guides to having it tuned correctly for the optimal performance? Any tips or tricks to make my game run better are greatly appreciated, I look forward to hearing your feedback, thanks in advance!

More about : opinion

a b à CPUs
January 13, 2012 4:35:30 PM

The i7 ks are only important if you want to over clock. It would not have any impact in regular performance. Turbo bost is on by default unless the HP board has a bios setting to dissable it. The video card is a little weak when compared to the awsomeness that is i7. I would lookinto a SWoR graphics tweak guide for mid-low end video cards.
m
l
Related resources
a c 479 à CPUs
January 13, 2012 8:22:04 PM

The weak link in your PC is the Radeon HD 6570. It is not really considered a gaming card compared to the performance of other current cards. If you do not want to buy a new video card, then the only thing you can do is to overclock it.

Catalyst Control Center (CCC) has a section called "ATI (AMD) Overdrive". This is where you can attempt to overclock your video card. I stress caution because overclocking too much can kill your video card due to excessive heat.

My advice is to simply save up some money. AMD will be releasing mainstream HD 7000 video cards in the next couple of months. The HD 7650 and HD 7670 are simply re-badged HD 6650 and HD 6670 video cards. I recommend getting a HD 7750 or HD 7770 when they come out.
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 13, 2012 8:26:56 PM

because you bought a premade computer theres not much you can do with it in terms of optimization and overclock. your bios is probably locked so you won't be able to do much.
m
l
January 13, 2012 10:38:09 PM

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll just go and grab a new one. Would it be wise to invest in a better motherboard?
m
l
!