Small Black Flashes When Playing Games?

tilyardinit

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Hello, I have a: ATI RADEON HD 4850 512MB PCI-E GDDR3 DVI VIDEO CARD.

I brought it brand new and I've only had it a few days, after my last card burnt out. (Also a Ati radeon 4850)

I'm playing Battlefield 2, and noticing black flashing on the map, and whilst playing Arma 2 Operation Arrow Head, I also see these black flashes now and then. Sometimes it can be a white flash, or tear...

Is this something to worry about? IE: Fault with the card or driver?

When it first came, I kept getting a blank screen but I thought it was due to the drivers..(turned out I had 2 drivers installed at once)
So I've got a fresh installtion but it doesn't have the CCC. If I download the CCC it doesn't seem to work...Could downloading this somehow fix the problem?

AMD X6850

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
You should definitely install CCC. It's ATI's (now AMD's) official video card driver.

What two drivers did you have installed? CCC should remove/update older versions of itself.

And finally, are you overclocking the video card?

tilyardinit

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011

Hi firstly, no I ain't overclocking the card keeping it stock,

secondly, when my card broke I put in a hd 2350 or something, and installed that driver.

Maybe I should try installing the CCC again, but it kept giving me a weird screen, blue on one and grey the other.

tilyardinit

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011

Well I installed the latest driver for ati radeon hd 4850 as of 27/07/11 and it installs but the CCC suit doesn't show up at all. Not even in my menus.

My card does have a HD port but it doesn't actually say HD on it...Shall I go with the normal Ati radeon 4850 driver?

tilyardinit

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Nvm it only does the HD driver, i re-installed fresh and CCC came up. I load it up, then my screen went purple, my other screen went white with lines through it. I don't understand why