1st build in 12 years..issues

Agachak

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
Ok so ive been out of the loop for a long time when it comes to building pc's..but its not my first rodeo..anyway bought a Ga-f2a85x-up4 with an A6 off newegg. Right now all i get is an orange light on the mobo pwr switch. No cpu/case fans, hd spin up..nadda. Powersupply is a 550watt model BFGR550WGSPSU. I have one stick of 4g Ddr 3 installed in slot 1 and two hard drives connected. Keepin it as bare as possible. I know the pwr supply works. Womdering if it is the 24v connection. Noticed the connector shapes are slighty different. Rounded top as apposed to square on the smaller section of the supply split..what i mean is he atx suply on.my old board.was 6pin and this board is 8 so i needed to use the additional 2 pins connected to the same supply cord. Dunno if this makes any sense and sorry for typos..posting this with my phone..kinda pita also took a pic on.said phone..looking to figure out how to upload it from phone to net and post if it will help..Also changed case power switch thinking mabey it was bad. No dice there either.

I think you're trying to connect the PCIe cable instead of the ATX 12V 4+4 pin power connector.
The PSU cables: 1 x 6-pin PCI-e, 1 x 6+2 PCI-e, 4 x SATA, 1 x 20+4-pin Main Power, 1 x 4+4-pin ATX12V/EPS12V CPU Power, 4 x 4-pin Molex, 1 x 4-pin Floppy
Use the 4+4 pin for the 8-pin CPU ATX power connector.

TRENDING THREADS