Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard for FX 6300 - No old CPU to flash BIOS

Last response: in Motherboards
November 10, 2012 5:01:27 PM

Sorry if this has already been asked but a search didn't return any definite answers.

What would be my best option for a motherboard to go with a Piledriver FX 6300, preferably for under £100? I don't have an old AM3/+ processor lying around and would rather not have to buy one just to flash the BIOS so I need a board that will either accept the CPU out of the box or allow me to update the BIOS without a recognised CPU (which I believe some of the Asus boards can do).

I had originally been looking at the Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 as I may be doing some moderate overclocking in the future but I know that it needs the latest BIOS to support the Vishera cores. Has anyone purchased one of these boards and been able to post with a Piledriver processor without updating first? If so, where did you buy the board from?

I'm unlikely to be running SLI/Crossfire in the future but would be looking to keep the board for a few years, probably with a processor upgrade further down the line to keep me going.

I'd really appreciate any advice that anyone has on this. Thanks :) 
a c 558 V Motherboard
a c 113 à CPUs
November 10, 2012 5:18:29 PM

Hi,
Sabertooth 990Fx R2.0 would be an option. You can use the Flashback.
The same with M5A99FX PRO R2.0. Or look for other ASUS boards with the Flashback feature.
November 10, 2012 10:07:50 PM

Thanks alexoiu, Asus board on the way! :) 
Related resources
!