Closed Solved

P8z68-v pro socket damaged :(

I have (had :pfff:) a p8z68-v pro. while cleaning motherboard, towel fell over the cpu socket, and when I picked it up(pins was stocked in the towel), realized that socket pins are crooked :cry: :cry:
tried to fix some of them but it is so hard without special tools.
Anyway, what should i do? Is it possible to only change the socket or is this condition fixable?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about p8z68 socket damaged
  1. Try contacting ASUS service, but I don't think that it is covered by warranty.
  2. alexoiu said:
    Try contacting ASUS service, but I don't think that it is covered by warranty.

    unfortunately there is no official asus support here.
  3. If they are not too damaged, you can try straightening them. Check on Youtube for how to.
  4. alexoiu said:
    If they are not too damaged, you can try straightening them. Check on Youtube for how to.

    1/3 of them are damaged :( straightened 15-20 of them but they are many and i haven't required tools :|
  5. Best answer
    Tweezers, straight pin, lots of light, magnifying glass, steady hand and lots and lots and lots and lots of time and you can fix them. Done it a few times before.
  6. Grab yourself a mechanical pencil, remove the lead, make sure it is clean. and use it to straighten.

    Good luck.
  7. Traildriver said:
    Grab yourself a mechanical pencil, remove the lead, make sure it is clean. and use it to straighten.

    Good luck.

    haha, unfortunately this method does not work for 1155 socket, the pins are really really tiny, i used mechanical pen for my Pentium D CPU, but this pins are really small.
  8. Best answer selected by babourian.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Socket Motherboards CPUs