dragonx_08

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
hi i need help with cooling here is a video of my pc cooling and what it looks like as its easier than writing it all down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNntoGarGGo

i know its a negative air pressure i only have 1 intake fan and i think 4 exhaust fans which is the one with blue LED, the PSU and the 2 red fans, should i alter my fans around as i think 4 at the back is alot

If your cooling is sufficient, why bother moving them?

You could try taking one from the back and check your temps.

I like having 2 120mms as intakes on the front (with dust filters), one in front of the HDDs and one 120mm on the top front using 3 5.25" bays. I have 1 120mm as an exhaust near the top, rear.

dragonx_08

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
well my cpu temp ranges from 28-32 idle and right now with browser open and warcraft and online tv on its 41 degrees,my gpu is a 22% load and the temp is 67 degrees i know its hot but my card is a geforce 8800GT and i heard they run pretty hot, i just think its weird having 5 fans in my case and none actually blow directly on my motherboard etc

dragonx_08

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
well my case is basic as u probably noticed if you watched the video its nothing special i cant fit side fans or exhaust fans ontop

If you move one of the exhaust fans to the front, into the 5.25" bays, it will increase the incoming airflow. The theory is that the incoming air is cooler than the air inside the case. With the remaining exhaust fans, you help exhaust the new incoming air across the cpu and gpu heatsinks removing the warmed air at the same vloume/speed as the incoming air.

You really want the internal case airflow to be in one direction, and generally air flow from front-to-back works better than from back-to-front. My gaming rig looks like this:
cm69020080116019small.jpg

There is a 120mm intake fan in front of the HDD bay, and one exhaust at the top, rear. The hanging 80mm fan has been removed - it didn't help.

But, you could try back-to-front and test your temps.

dragonx_08

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
yeah my case doesnt have alot of room to put fans in and money is an issue too, so is there any cheap hdd bay fans or 3.5 inch slot fans i can buy

dragonx_08

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
i also left a little gap in the side panel at the top when i slide it on so its not on properly but theres a vent at the top which i think is good as it will let some of the hot air out

-- You could re-arrange the fans you have. Look at my earlier post.

-- Dust is bad for computer parts. It can accumulate and cause the computer to overheat.

-- I don't know if your computer is collecting dust. That would depend on how much dust is in the air.

-- I do not put my computer on the floor because it sucks in more dust than when it is on the table.