jeffreyiw

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: July, 2011

Budget Range: $6000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Home, Work

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg

Country of Origin:USA

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: Water cooling solution for GPU

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No SLI now possible in future

Monitor Resolution: 2560 x 1440

Additional Comments: I want my graphics card to be more quiet
I have a new Alienware Area 51 Maxed out with i7 6 core 3.2 CPU and 12 MG Ram. System works incredible except for gaming at full resolution when the card sounds like a vacuum cleaner. I am looking for a user friendly installable water cooling solution for the 590. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff

Are you looking for a new card so that it's quieter? or that you want a more powerful card?

You can always buy an aftermarket cooler for your current card that will make it much quieter.

What is your current GPU?

What is the make/model of your current PSU?

If your wanting to get into water cooling I suggest you post your question in the WaterCooling thread to get more feedback on that subject.

jeffreyiw

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
Thanks for the reply. I want to keep the card I am just looking for a water cooler that I can instal myself. My GPU is the Nvidea GTX 590 which is a dual core card, with the stock cooling, which is a fan. Everyone wants to sell me a new card, I just want to swap the stock cooling for water cooling, which i know will yield a much quieter result.
Thanks for your help,
Jeff

Alright now I understand.It's just that that form you filled out is for buying a new GPU.While all you need is a better cooler.And with a budget of 6k I kind of got confused.

Anyway, do you already have a water cooling system or are you just looking for a waterblock for the GTX590?If you don't you will have to buy a whole one which means your question would be better suited in the WaterCooling thread.

Something like this is what your looking for...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13601/ex-blc-936/Heatkiller_GPU-X_GTX_590_-Hole_Edition-_nVidia_GTX_590_Reference_Design_Full_Coverage_Water_Block_15515.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13600/ex-blc-935/Heatkiller_GPU-X_GTX_590_LT_nVidia_GTX_590_Reference_Design_Full_Coverage_Water_Block_13100.html#blank