Air Compressor-cleaning out comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatjoebro

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
Was considering buying an air compressor instead of wasting money on those cans of air... in the long run i believe id be saving money.
Anyways i was wondering if anyone uses an air compressor to clean their computer out and if so which kind do you own/recommend ??

Solution
Dont see why not, with care its an effective tool, just like my vacuum,
But in reverse obviously lol
Op, whichever you choose, make sure fans are unplugged or braked to stop them spinning whilst cleaning (spinning fans generate charge,=bad for your kit)
Moto

striker410

Distinguished
I use an air compressor to clean my PC, but it's because I need one anyway for projects. I assume you have other uses for it? I wouldn't buy and air compressor JUST to clean my PC, It would not make financial sense to me.

I have a big, what i believe to be 30 gallon tank at 150PSI. Little overkill ;)

Dont see why not, with care its an effective tool, just like my vacuum,
But in reverse obviously lol
Op, whichever you choose, make sure fans are unplugged or braked to stop them spinning whilst cleaning (spinning fans generate charge,=bad for your kit)
Moto

Solution
Hi man, sorry for delay in answering, Toms has been a little funny lately :)

it is true that condensate collects in compressors, but thats why they have traps, as long as you emptied the trap regulary enough and always blow the line clear before pointing it at your Pc, I dont see why you shouldn't use one
I made a grounding strap for a cheap vacuum personally as I have a small repair/mod/building business and cleaning peoples Pc's is one service I provide
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/290794-10-grounding-vacuum-cleaner
so options are there man, :)
Moto

Status
Not open for further replies.