Sign in with
Your question

ASUS AI Suite II is completely unresponsive

Last response: in Motherboards
November 10, 2012 10:55:02 PM

I've just replaced a Sabertooth x58 motherboard with a Rampage III Formula motherboard after the Sabertooth died. I would like to use the auto-tuning features that are included in the ASUS AI Suite II software, but I'm encountering a major problem. While the software loads up a menu bar of options (Tool, Monitor, Update, System Information, Settings), it is completely unresponsive. When my mouse hovers over the application, I just get the spinning circle. I've left the application on overnight to see if maybe it was just very very slow, but sure enough it was still unresponsive in the morning. All BIOS has been updated, flashed and reflashed. All drivers are up to date. I have tried the CD version that comes with the motherboard and I have downloaded the newest version from ASUS' website. Both behave the same way. Other than this, my computer functions normally.

Could someone help? I'm at a total loss and I'm not finding this problem in any tech forums.

Computer Specs:
Rampage III Formula Motherboard
Intel i7-990X Hexacore Gulftown
24GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600
Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooler with two Noctua NF-F12 Cooling Fans
Corsair Triple Channel Airflow Memory Fan
Four additional Noctua NF-F12 Cooling Fans for Case Airflow
Dual ATI Radeon 5770 in Crossfire
ASUS Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
Corsair 750W Power Supply
Samsung 830 256GB SSD
Western Digital Black SATA II 2TB 64MB Cache
Western Digital Green SATA III 3TB 64MB Cache
ASUS CD 24X Drive
LG Blu-Ray Drive
ATCS 840 Case

The Radeons will be upgraded to the GTX 690 soon.

The computer is used for heavy-duty audio and video editing as well as 3D processing. When not in use, I attach the computer to BOINC to donate resources to scientific research.
November 17, 2012 11:44:06 PM

alexoiu said:
Try the version here http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/AISuite_V10...
Are there in Device Manager yellow marks?

Unfortunately that file just tells me that my operating system is not not supported. I should have specified that my OS is Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 Bit.

And with the exception of one USB Controller (which I know about and is a separate minor issue), there are no yellow marks in device manager.

I appreciate your help!
a c 150 Ĉ ASUS
a c 555 V Motherboard
November 18, 2012 5:36:03 AM

Try contacting ASUS Support then. What AISuite II version have you installed?
!