Ok so i got a package from newegg today so i equipped all the computer parts together and it didn't power on but the fans inside the computer spanned for like 1 second. So i kept pressing the power button and there was a little sparkle and burning rubber smell. it turned out that i screwed the motherboard too tight and it was causing the motherboard to sparkle. Now when i power it on, the fans in Graphic card and all the parts seem to work but the monitor screen doesn't display anything and it is just black.. So I checked the cpu and I found out that I broke 2 pins when I removed it awhile ago.. Do you think my desktop will work again if i just replace the cpu with another one?
Also, do you think my motherboard is damaged from screwing it too tight? After i untighted it, all the fans including the videocard spin properly and when i press the button on my dvd burner, it ejects. Does this mean my motherboard is working properly?
Actually, i did it as well some time ago lol (when i bought my phenom II rig components, total sum ~600 eur). Didn't even think of using them...
Luckily, all ended well - i think the mobo has some kind of a short-circuit protection or some such, as it just didn't boot at all without the spacers.