Closed Solved

Black screen first, now more problems

Hey good folks at tom's!

Got a problem maybe ya'll could help me investigate.

So the problem starts after I download and start playing a new game called Dragons Nest.

I played for maybe 15 minutes and my screen flickers and goes black and says "No signal" (This is a 32" TV not a computer screen FYI)

It happens again after I restart my computer. So I give up and go to play another game I usually play. No problems playing that what so ever, played for many hours that night. I start up Dragons Nest again and boom, 5 mins in, black screen, this time with a looping buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz coming from my speakers. So I downloaded the newest drivers for my geforce 9800gtx+, the problem still happens again!

So then I go and jump on my other game, frustrated with Dragons Nest. And low and behold, that game stalls out about 10 minutes in saying there was an issue with a driver. What's with the progression? What is happening to my hardware? Software?

Do I have to buy a new card?

EDIT: This system has been up and running for 1.5 years, so it's not like it's a new build and im testing out the kinks, i have a 680w PSU and nothing on the hardware has changed.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about black screen first problems
  1. That's really weird. When you get the Black screen do you need to restart your PC?
  2. Yea, because it goes to "No Signal" as if I were to unplug the HDMI and only power is being fed to the monitor (Know what I mean?) I shake the mouse and ctrl alt delete etc. I then am forced to re-power on my computer.

I have a solid computer, asus p5qc mobo, quad core 2.4ghz cpu, 9800gtx+ gpu, 680w psu, 4gigs ddr3, 1tb hdd, and peripherals.

EDIT: If I have to buy new card, what should I buy? I know the p5qc asus mobo is crappy. But I don't really wanna buy a new mobo if you think I can get by *and by get by i mean get by very well* without a new board and just a new card. I don't wanna spend too much, seeing as the most graphic intensive game I play is WoW, SC2, and D3 when it comes out. Oh I also play battlefield.

Card suggestions for under 100?
  3. Best answer
    perhaps GPU or PSU

test your hardware
  4. So I did a stress test and nothing happened. Received a score, and that was that. System didn't flicker or shut down, nothin.

Does this mean it's not a hardware issue?
  5. mines doing the same...... computer spec

PNY nvidia 9800GT 1gb EE
    ThermalTake TR2-600w psu
    Gigabyte MA780G-UD3H
    AMD 7750 dual core

(and thats all that really applys to this)

so ya, anyone can think of something let me know

P.S. i usually get a blue screen and its a stop error, with a nvllklm.sys or something like that as the file that it points too..
  6. Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
  7. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Graphics