Bluetooth Dongle Installation for Nokia 6600

Last response: in Technologies
October 22, 2004 1:02:35 PM

Hi

I've tried twice to install a bluetooth dongle which uses Widcomm drivers.
Each time I have tried, the end result is that the Icon in the system tray
is "Red". No matter what I try, I cannot get the thing to activate.
Everything seems to be set up correctly, when I put the cursor over the icon
I am told that there is no device found.

I've had this working correctly in the past, and this has only happened
after a re-install of the computer.

Any Ideas ??

Melvyn Scott

More about : bluetooth dongle installation nokia 6600

Anonymous
October 22, 2004 6:03:45 PM

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:02:35 +0000, Melvyn Scott wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've tried twice to install a bluetooth dongle which uses Widcomm drivers.
> Each time I have tried, the end result is that the Icon in the system tray
> is "Red". No matter what I try, I cannot get the thing to activate.
> Everything seems to be set up correctly, when I put the cursor over the icon
> I am told that there is no device found.
>
> I've had this working correctly in the past, and this has only happened
> after a re-install of the computer.

You got XP Service Pack 2 installed ?

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
October 22, 2004 6:46:39 PM

Yes, does this make a difference?

Melvyn

"michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.10.22.13.03.43.692000@grfpb.arg...
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:02:35 +0000, Melvyn Scott wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I've tried twice to install a bluetooth dongle which uses Widcomm
>> drivers.
>> Each time I have tried, the end result is that the Icon in the system
>> tray
>> is "Red". No matter what I try, I cannot get the thing to activate.
>> Everything seems to be set up correctly, when I put the cursor over the
>> icon
>> I am told that there is no device found.
>>
>> I've had this working correctly in the past, and this has only happened
>> after a re-install of the computer.
>
> You got XP Service Pack 2 installed ?
>
> --
> Michael Turner
> Email (ROT13)
> zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

Related resources
October 22, 2004 8:12:12 PM

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:46:39 GMT, "Melvyn Scott"
<melvynscott@ntlworld.com> lazily top posted:

>Yes, does this make a difference?

The Widcomm drivers aren't compatible with SP2.
October 22, 2004 9:17:52 PM

Thanks for the info, But what on earth do I need to do now???????

Thanks
Melvyn

> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:46:39 GMT, "Melvyn Scott"
> <melvynscott@ntlworld.com> lazily top posted:
>
>>Yes, does this make a difference?
>
> The Widcomm drivers aren't compatible with SP2.

October 22, 2004 10:20:58 PM

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:17:52 GMT, "Melvyn Scott"
<melvynscott@ntlworld.com> top posted in true OE style:

>Thanks for the info, But what on earth do I need to do now???????

Erm, uninstall SP2.
October 22, 2004 10:20:59 PM

Anndrew, thanks for the reply, I'll try uninstalling and see what happens!

Melvyn

> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:17:52 GMT, "Melvyn Scott"
> <melvynscott@ntlworld.com> top posted in true OE style:
>
>>Thanks for the info, But what on earth do I need to do now???????
>
> Erm, uninstall SP2.

October 23, 2004 8:51:27 PM

"Melvyn Scott" <melvynscott@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Anndrew, thanks for the reply, I'll try uninstalling and see what happens!
>
> Melvyn
>
> "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:17:52 GMT, "Melvyn Scott"
>> <melvynscott@ntlworld.com> top posted in true OE style:
>>
>>>Thanks for the info, But what on earth do I need to do now???????
>>
>> Erm, uninstall SP2.
>> --
>> Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
>> Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
>> please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
>> Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.

You usually don't need to uninstall SP2. Just update the driver from the
Generic Bluetooth device in Device Manager. Make sure you don't have any
automatic settings, and choose your WIDCOMM driver as the new one.

JamBoy
!