  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
July 30, 2004 9:55:02 AM

I keep getting an error when right clicking on Desktop to change the properties. It comes up with the window to "close & send it MS" "close without sending" and "cancel"?

Any ideas?

More about : error clicking desktop

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 8:05:50 PM

Knowing what error you're getting would be a big help.

Follow the send and see where it leads.
What does it say in the Event Viewer about the error??

Event Viewer
Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK |
Look in Application or System.

Double click the event in Event Viewer | Click: the button below the second
arrow (looks like two pages) [[Copies the details of the event to the
Clipboard.]] | Paste into Notepad | Click:

Read all info | Copy and paste to Notepad | Click the [+] Related Knowledge
Base articles | Follow any links that might be useful

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

This can also be very useful.
You need to have the Event ID & the Event Source.

Windows XP Professional Events and Errors
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes