Error when right clicking on Desktop

I keep getting an error when right clicking on Desktop to change the properties. It comes up with the window to "close & send it MS" "close without sending" and "cancel"?

Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about error clicking desktop

    Knowing what error you're getting would be a big help.

    Follow the send and see where it leads.
    What does it say in the Event Viewer about the error??

    Event Viewer
    Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK |
    Look in Application or System.

    Double click the event in Event Viewer | Click: the button below the second
    arrow (looks like two pages) [[Copies the details of the event to the
    Clipboard.]] | Paste into Notepad | Click:

    Read all info | Copy and paste to Notepad | Click the [+] Related Knowledge
    Base articles | Follow any links that might be useful

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

    This can also be very useful.
    You need to have the Event ID & the Event Source.

    Windows XP Professional Events and Errors
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx?DisplayName=Windows%20XP%20Professional&ProdName=Windows%20Operating%20System&MajorMinor=5.1&LCID=1033

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:4E5769CC-6A71-4FA8-B743-54A1B8C469AC@microsoft.com,
    Chris <chrishoche@odysseylogistics.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I keep getting an error when right clicking on Desktop to change the
    > properties. It comes up with the window to "close & send it MS"
    > "close without sending" and "cancel"?
    >
    > Any ideas?

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Customization Windows XP