SD cards don't run

JackPBassSr

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Hello,
I have three computers in question one laptop and two desktops. All run windows 7. they have quit reading sd cards each one has a different input. am looking for solutions

Thanks Jack

g-unit1111

Titan
Have you tried different SD cards, or are your machines reporting errors with the same card?

If it's the latter I'd suggest reinstalling the drivers for your SD card reader. If it's the former, I'd just go ahead and buy a cheapo USB flash memory reader - you can get one for less than $20 - $30 on Newegg.

JackPBassSr

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

thanks for your reply
I will be clearer. My laptop is only a year old and has its own card slot. one desktop has a built in card reader and one has an old external reader. I own about 12 different sized and capacity cards. none of the three units even notice if i put a card in them.
since my post i have reloaded the drivers for my epson artisan 810 and thru the network page i can access the card reader in it and get action. It is like my other avenues have lost their drivers or been corrupt some other way.

Thanks again for your help

Jack

g-unit1111

Titan

No problem.

Is it a printer-based SD card reader? I'm not sure how those work, you may want to contact Epson's technical support for more info.

And I've had problems with my Toshiba's card reader and I've tried installing and reinstalling the drivers for it - I don't know what kind of fail rates those things have but I've never had any luck getting them to work.

JackPBassSr

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Thanks again
the printer port works as advertised. It is a wireless unit. the problem is not that. It is the ports in the other units. As I stated
I have many cards ranging throughout the sizes and capacitys and some are bran new. They all work in the cameras that I have that they fit in. I can read them by connecting the cameras to the computers but as you know that runs the battery down. So Go figure!!

Any body else can weighin this is very frusterating.

Thanks for your help

Jack