flazx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
So i currently have a i5 2500k in my computer and i was messing around on pcpartpicker.com putting in my computer and when i put in my cpu, mobo and my ram this came up... should i be worried? Im about to upgrade my computer should i get some different ram so i don't fry my mobo.... the first time i actually installed the ram my mobo ended up dying and i thought it was because of the big noctua cpu fan i installed so i ended up taking it off and buying the same mobo and it has been working fine with that ram in there since.... here is the pcpartpicker link to my pc. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nhnE

This is the message i got:

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor and Kingston HyperX T1 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory are not compatible.

Kingston HyperX T1 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory operating voltage of 1.65V exceeds Intel Sandy Bridge CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V.

As far as the upgrade, i plan on putting in an SSD, actually putting in my Noctua DH-14 , going from a 550Ti to a GTX660 and a new case and i will be overclocking my CPU from stock 3.3ghz to at least 4.0ghz.

I don't want to fry another motherboard and spend another 200$ on a new one for the third time.

thank you.

My original motherboard was the same exact one as my new one, i dont think it was the newer version of the P8P67 though. However i bought the HyperX ram and the Noctua at the same time and installed them at the same time and the motherboard ended up fried. Now putting 1+1 together the ram probably caused the motherboard to fry. And if you think i should get new RAM what would you get to fit into the rig i currently have?