How to get spare notebook display?

okppko

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
How to repair 12” notebook, where it is likely, that the display panel is damaged?

This is the notebook Clevo tn120r

When the display broke down, it happened step by step, first it would turn black after 0.5 hour,
then 20min then 10min and so on.
Now it only shows the picture shortly, after being turned on. And the colors are gone.
On this forum, I was told it could be the inverter. I found a spare inverter but it didn't work.
It still only shows this blink, when starting the computer. So either both or none of the
inverters are damaged.
It's not the notebook as such, that is damaged.
If I connect an external VGA screen, that works.

So it's the display panel that is damaged?

Where do I get a spare one low priced?
Preferable an used one.
The display is a touchscreen, but the spare one does not have to be one, or does it?

I've dismounted the display panel, and on the back is written a bunch of letters and
numbers. Which one should I go for?

Thanks.

Google those numbers and see what comes up, its how most people find model numbers hehe :p
or google 'Clevo tn120r screen' and see if any results are for replacement screens,
then once you know what you're looking for, it becomes easier, look for that screeen on egay, craigslist or gumtree,
I couldn't say for sure on the touchscreen necessity, but I always try to replace like for like so I would say if it is touchscreen model zxc123, then that is what you replace it with, who knows how those connector ribbons are wired, don't want to get things wrong and make it worse lol
Moto

TRENDING THREADS