Sign in with
Your question

Mother board only have one IDE slot, need two

Last response: in Motherboards
November 11, 2012 10:46:39 AM

Hello,
I have an ECS G31T-M7 motherboard have only one IDE slot. How do i hook up 2 hard drives, one primary master and the othe other primary slave

More about : mother board ide slot

a c 92 V Motherboard
November 11, 2012 10:54:57 AM

Use a three device cable.

World has moved off of IDE. Time to buy some SATA devices.
m
l
November 11, 2012 11:03:43 AM

rrawhyde said:
Hello,
I have an ECS G31T-M7 motherboard have only one IDE slot. How do i hook up 2 hard drives, one primary master and the othe other primary slave

Now that I can use either combo: 2 hard drives, one a primary and the other a slave, or primary master for hard drive and secondary slave for cd/dvd player.but what about my cd/dvd player, no slot for the ribbon cable

I need to hook up two hard drives and one for my cd/dvd player, where's the other slot?
m
l
Related resources
November 11, 2012 11:08:34 AM

4745454b said:
Use a three device cable.

World has moved off of IDE. (NO NOt correct, it is now called PATA) Time to buy some SATA devices.

too many files to loose. files are worth more than buying a new sata drive.

two hard drives now do not accomodate any sata plugs.
m
l
November 11, 2012 11:10:39 AM

thanks for trying but I think I know a round about.
m
l
a c 92 V Motherboard
November 11, 2012 11:32:10 AM

Buy a SATA optical drive.

You can also buy a new SATA hdd. Copy the files off of the one IDE drive and pull it. Fact is you will eventually have to move to SATA.
m
l
a c 103 V Motherboard
November 11, 2012 12:08:52 PM

If that data is important not only should you get it of the old hdds(the older they are the more likely they are to fail) but you should have the data backed up either online and/or external hdd.
m
l
!