Add HDMI in port to all in one pc (Sony Vaio)

reklaw78

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
Hi just a quick question regarding my Sony Vaio All In One PC - VPCL12M1E.
It has a full 1080p monitor and has a NVIDIA® GeForce® G210M GPU. And i was basically wondering how easy it would be (if at all) to add an HDMI in port so i can plug my ps3 into the all in one unit. Go easy as im not fully down with the lingo el pc. and advise would be great cheers.

Lutfij

Titan
welcome to the forums, newcomer :)

ok, i'll try to make this as painless as possible...

you either have to break the whole rig and then solder an HDMI(in) port to that thing. HDMI (out) is whats on everything these days. HDMI (in) is what you'll obviously find on HTS or a receiver.

btw, if you're interested in the HDMI in option, and have a PS3, i think you're better off hooking up both units to one monitor/tv - any new monitor on the market has 1080p support plus hdmi in/out connectivity.

reklaw78

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
Cheers for the reply.
currently have my ps3 hooked up to my 50" lcd tv via HDMI and was just looking to run it along side my pc to keep the wifes face happy.
as i said before im pretty new to the old exploration of pc's etc. but i was just a bit miffed as to why this unit that supports HD and has a GPU that supports HDMI has no HDMI hook up or even normal video in. I know the new models do have HDMI ports and are housed in the same sized units so was just hoping it would have been easy enough. :)

Lutfij

Titan
you're truly mistaken! the new units have more powerful GPU's onboard and have no HDMI(in) they all come standard with HDMI (out) like i said before , the HDMI (in) option is available on HTS' or on video editing rigs...not something like a vaio...

for your sake, just run the cables;

1 from the PS3 to the tv
and
another from the pc to the tv
=
so you have two HDMI cables running to the tv.

P.S; if you want to address this HDMi (in) issue, i think you need to contact sony and see if they have something that caters to your needs

thas my opinion though :)

reklaw78

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
Sorry Not the brand new models but the slightly newer models like sony vaio VPC-L14S1E

DSCN9543.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
hmm just looking at its specs, its designed to be a replacement unit for a huge tv setup. this all-in-one pc will be able to handle an HDMI input as well a coaxial/tv cable input as it has tv tuner in and HDMI input. but i don't think you can relay the signal to any tv - for the model you posted later.

nearly 1450 quid, thas a good way to flush excess d'argent :)

reklaw78

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
The New
Sony VAIO L VPCL216FX has 1 input HDMI and 1output HDMI.

The VAIO L2 VPCL216FX/B 24" All-in-One Desktop Computer from Sony is an all-in-one desktop computer with an intuitive multi-touch display. You'll be able to manipulate objects on the screen using easy-to-learn gestures, including flicking, pinching, and tapping. A wireless keyboard and mouse are also included for traditional input. The keyboard is a full-size model, with standard key spacing and a dedicated numeric keypad.

The computer is no slouch when it comes to multimedia. You'll be able to enjoy Blu-ray movies on its 24" 1080p display. Its optical drive is also capable of reading DVDs and CDs. And a built-in ATSC/NTSC TV tuner allows you to use the system as a DVR. The included VAIO Creativity Suite software bundle includes the Media Gallery to organize your movies and music and PMB VAIO Edition for photo management and editing.

The computer is powered by a quad-core 2GHz Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU, which can be overclocked to 2.9GHz via Turbo Boost. It is loaded with 6GB of RAM, a 1TB 7200rpm hard drive, an integrated webcam, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, and 802.11n Wi-Fi. Graphics are provided by a dedicated nVIDIA GeForce GT 540M GPU with 1GB of memory. Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) is the installed operating system.

Audio Specifications
Sound System Intel High Definition Audio with Dolby Home Theater Technology
Display Specifications
Screen Size 24.0"
Resolution 1920 x 1080
Backlight Technology LED
Display Technology Touch Screen, Full HD
Environmental Information Specifications
ROHS Compliant
General Specifications
Action Buttons ASSIST, WEB, Display Off, Menu, Menu Up/Down, Input/OK, Volume Up/Down
Computer Type Desktop
Pointing Device Electrostatic Touchpad (Multi-Finger)
Graphics Specifications
Graphics Processor NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
Graphics Video RAM 1GB dedicated
TV Tuner NTSC / ATSC
Hardware Specifications
Camera Built-in HD camera powered by Exmor and microphone
Keyboard QWERTY, 103 keys with 2.7mm stroke and 19.05mm pitch
10-Key Numeric Pad Yes
Inputs and Outputs Specifications
DC-In 1
USB 3.0 2
USB 2.0 3
Microphone Input 1
Secure Digital (SD) Slot 1
HDMI Output(s) 1
HDMI Input 1
Headphone Output 1
Memory Stick Media Slot 1
VGA Output(s) 1
Memory Specifications
Installed Memory 6GB (4GB+2GB)
Memory Type/Speed DDR3-1333MHz
Max. Memory 8GB
Optical Drive Specifications
Optical Drive Type Blu-ray Disc ROM Drive
Processor Specifications
Processor Type Intel Core i7-2630QM
Processor Technology Quad Core
Processor Speed 2.00GHz with Turbo Boost technology up to 2.90GHz
Processor Cache 6MB
Regulation and Standards Compliance Specifications
VESA Hole Pitch 100x100mm
VESA Hole Spacing Compatible Yes
Software Specifications
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Anti-Virus Software Norton Internet Security 2011 30-Day Trial Offer
Supplied Software Microsoft Office Starter with reduced-functionality versions of Word and Excel, VAIO Care, Media Gallery, PMB - VAIO edition
Start-up Times Specifications
Average Boot Time 60 seconds
Average Resume Time from Suspend 2 seconds
First Boot Time 5 minutes
Storage Specifications
Storage Type Serial ATA
Speed 7200rpm
Storage Capacity 1TB
Weights and Measurements Specifications
Dimensions (Approx.) 23.94" (W) x 16.89"-17.29" (H) x 6.62"-7.37" (D)
Weight (Approx.) 25.61 lbs. (CPU and Display only)
Wireless/Networking Specifications
Bluetooth Technology Bluetooth Integrated Stereo A2DP (2.1 + EDR)
Ethernet Protocol 10baseT/100baseTX/1000baseT
WiFi Adapter Atheros 802.11b/g/n

Lutfij

Titan
are you trying to convince yourself to but one? :lol: cos all i can see is a total copy/paste of a brochure in your latest post. If it meets your needs then get it, to hook your hdmi devices.

:ange: