hunter387

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
Alright so I'm looking to build a gaming rig for around 600$ I'm ok going 50-75$ over budget if I must but preferably 600$. I got almost everything picked out but I am willing to change things.

Case: Corsair SE White Graphite Series 600T (I love this case but If I absolutely must I will change it)

Mobo: ASUS P6X58D-E LGA Intel ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor: Intel i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1ghz (no exceptions lol)

Power Supply: Corsair 600W Power Supply

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 4gb

Im missing Video Card from that list because I have not found one yet. I was wondering if one of you could suggest one for me. I prefer Nvidia cards because I'm familiar with them. I want to be able to play games like Crysis, Stalker CoP, Red Orchestra 2 and a few others. (Max Payne 3 hopefully :p)

The case is 160$ but I really love the looks of it. Lots of room for upgrades and such. But like I said if its gonna boost the price up significantly then I might be willing to swap it.

If theres anything I'm missing or that I need to change feel free to throw it in. But please remember to keep it well under 700$
Thanks!

hunter387

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
I don't really care about overclocking btw. Also I checked out that June Build last week. Its a very very solid build but what could I swap with that Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1 GB with a Nvidia card? Maybe also switch that Motherboard. Its good but does not have much extras. The size is pretty darn cool though.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
How ever you swing, it, your most important part of your system is your graphics card. I'd suggest to do no less then a 560ti or a 570. Otherwise you're not going to be happy with your PC, and it'll feel dated a lot faster.

Maybe you have an old PC you can strip for parts?

HDD's don't matter for gaming exept load times (Not really a big deal). So your hold hard drive will be fine.

Cases for a standard budget system just hold parts together (why not use your old one?

Take your saved cash from old PC parts and buy a 2500k(overclock the crap out of it), a 1155 board with SLI capability, 8 GB of DDr3 ram, and 2x 560ti's.

That shouldn't run you more then 800 ish bucks and you'll have a VERY nice PC for a long time to come.

Maybe 850 or so if you have to buy a new PSU.

You can drop 1 GPU, run a single 560ti while waiting for more money, then add another one later, that makes initial buy:

about 650 bucks.

hunter387

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
The only problem with taking parts off my old computer is that I wanna keep it in running for lan parties. It was top of the line back in the day and it still works. But, I can take out the 500gb Hardrive and replace it with an older one I have. I have 2 cases but one is severely ass and I'm using one right now. Thanks for the suggestion anyways :)

Back to this June 500$ build. Whats the equivalent to the Sapphire HD 6850 1 gb with Nvidia? And that 380W Power Supply seems a little weak. Maybe what I should do is switch and match parts from my first build with this build?

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Just went on newegg. 2500k, Z68 mobo, 560ti, 8gb of ram and a 750watt PSU is only 720 bucks.

And that's a nice set up. USB 3.0, seta 6gbs, SLI capable, a good GPU, amazing OCing CPU.

Even if you needed a case and HDD/DVD drive because you can't strip an old one, that's only another 100 bucks or so.

add another 560Ti, you got yourself an amazing gaming rig.

Just my advice. When it comes to building a system from scratch, it's better to go full-bang for the buck, spend the money and the system will last you a lot longer.

Phrosty

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
You're going to get a lot of opinions on this board. I asked for help before too, and the intel vs amd and the ati vs nvidia is just nuts on here. You're most likely going to have to make the decision for yourself with your own research like I did. I went with a Intel 2500k and a Radeon 6870 with a budget kind of similar to yours. You can spend $700 and get a i5 2500k and a p67 or z68 mobo with sli/crossfire with a radeon 6870, and a good PSU, i'd recommend a 600w that's reliable and 80 plus certified. Basically the only thing you'd have to replace in a year or two would be the graphics card IF you wanted. That's just how I see it.

hunter387

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2011
K good to know thanks. Since I do not really care much for over clocking what I think I'll do is build the June $500 rig. But I'll switch the Video card with a 1 GB GTX 460, the Crucial 4gb of ram with Crosair Vengeance 4gb Ram and maybe the motherboard. I looked really hard to top the June 2011 build but they did a really good job with it.

TRENDING THREADS