Logitech Wireless Mouse and Keyboard issues

jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
Hi,

I have the Logitech K750 solar powered keyboard and the Performance MX Wireless Mouse with both use Logitech Unifying reciever.

I sit about 2 metres away from Desktop PC which on the floor next to my TV.

Uniifying reciever is in the usb slot at the back of the PC.

I keep getting lag and cutouts when using them at the same time i.e playing games.

typing on internet is fine and using mouse on its own is fine.

but whilst playing games i will get lag where it will freeze and then catch up with the keyboard input. or the mouse will freeze and give me no control.

Has anyone else had this issue?

jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
I have the latest software cos i only downloaded it the other day so ill check updates but dont think they have put anything new out yet.

Cheers for replys ill check with logitech and keep ya updated.

your rite theres likely to be no software updates for the mouse or keyboard... maybe theres a firmware update for the reviver though, but you will have to email logitech for that info... which is what you should really do anyway as they may have a solution/workaround.

jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
Contacted logitech so just waiting to hear from them regarding the issue.

Does seem a bit odd that the problem only occurs in games and when im using both the components at the same time, so it must surely be a 2.4ghz issue but i find it strange that there is no way you can choose different channels for each product in the software?

or am i just missing it?

jasobnd

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
gone through tons of emails with logitech support and all they have done is suggest things any idiot would try before emailing them lol.

Seems the only way to get these two extremely expensive WIRELESS peripherals is to have a long usb CABLE stretched across the floor to where i sit

So in future im gonna stick with razer products cos logitech quite simply doesnt cut it for me

if they actually do suggest a fix that doesnt require using cables for my wireless components ill post it in here just incase someone else is having the same issue.