Li-Ion Battery replacement

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 11, 2005 8:24:41 AM

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Hi,

I have one of these Vosonic VP300 Mp3-cum-card reader HDD based device.
It uses a very slim 7.2v Li-Ion battery.
http://www.pccasegear.com/prod1765.htm

I am wondering if some other battery can be used to replace the OEM
ones. The replacement battery has to be the same dimensions because the
battery fits in the back between the device and the HDD mount so the
space available for the battery is fixed. I am looking at a replacement
(probably some cell phone battery) because the OEM batteries aren't
locally available in India.

Thanks,

Siddhartha
April 11, 2005 12:42:39 PM

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

The battery is specified as two Li+ (actually probably Li-Polymer from
that set of dimensions) 720mAH batteries. They are wired in series
(nominal Li+ terminal voltage is 3.7V).

You might want to use that as a guide to see if anyone carries such a
device near you.

Cheers

PeteS
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 9:08:32 PM

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Probably not.This battery looks very long, too long to fit into a cell
phone, and has a cable with a plugh, which was *never* a way to connect
batteries to cell phones.Isn't it possible to order the OEM one for your
device?

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr
> Hi,
>
> I have one of these Vosonic VP300 Mp3-cum-card reader HDD based device.
> It uses a very slim 7.2v Li-Ion battery.
> http://www.pccasegear.com/prod1765.htm
>
> I am wondering if some other battery can be used to replace the OEM
> ones. The replacement battery has to be the same dimensions because the
> battery fits in the back between the device and the HDD mount so the
> space available for the battery is fixed. I am looking at a replacement
> (probably some cell phone battery) because the OEM batteries aren't
> locally available in India.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Siddhartha

April 12, 2005 6:34:15 AM

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis wrote:
> Probably not.This battery looks very long, too long to fit into a
cell
> phone, and has a cable with a plugh, which was *never* a way to
connect
> batteries to cell phones.Isn't it possible to order the OEM one for
your
> device?

I will have to get them from Australia. One battery costs US$27, which
is ok, but the shipping is $24!! So thats my last option.

- Siddhartha
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 11:29:42 AM

Siddhartha Jain wrote:
> Dimitrios Tzortzakakis wrote:
>
>>Probably not.This battery looks very long, too long to fit into a
>
> cell
>
>>phone, and has a cable with a plugh, which was *never* a way to
>
> connect
>
>>batteries to cell phones.Isn't it possible to order the OEM one for
>
> your
>
>>device?
>>

> I will have to get them from Australia. One battery costs US$27, which
> is ok, but the shipping is $24!! So thats my last option.
>
> - Siddhartha

It might reduce your per unit cost if you order more than one, which
probably won't increase the shipping cost.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Dear Siddharta,

Siddhartha Jain wrote:
> I have one of these Vosonic VP300 Mp3-cum-card reader HDD based device.
> It uses a very slim 7.2v Li-Ion battery.
> http://www.pccasegear.com/prod1765.htm

As Pete already pointed out, these are LiPoly accus.
Since model airplane pilots like these accu cells, it would be
easiest to find a store or online shop which carries this
kind of stuff.
You will get single cells, so you need 2.
These are sometimes labeled as "Kokams". Bring your old pack
to check the dimensions.

HTH
Wolfgang

--
From-address is Spam trap
Use: wolfgang (dot) mahringer (at) sbg (dot) at