Having some issues with new build, 2nd fan not working, video signal..

backtopc

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
O.k so this is my first ever build, and it's been frustrating to say the least. My 2nd case fan wont work. I have it plugged into the sysfan2 on my mother board, it wont work no matter what which way I plug it. Another issue is I lose my video signal often and I'm forced to shutdown from the power button and start again so that I see the signal again. It happens often on a restart. Also happens when saving and restarting in the bios.

I really hope this isn't a faulty mobo, hopefully it's something else.

Another issue I have, my logitech keyboard does not register any of the buttons on the right side of the keyboard, so my delete keys wont work, they were before, but now they stopped working, and to get to my bios I have to press the delete key, so I cant even get into my bios right now. Unless there's another way?

Here are my specs

Mobo - msi 970A-G45
CPU - Phenom II 955
Videocard - Gigabyte GTX 560
Ram - Mushkin 2 sticks of 4GB
PSU OCZ 700Watts
Windows 7 64 bit

Solution
I ran into some major fan issues when I got my Graphite 600T as well. The thing is most motherboards wont power giant 140, 160, and 200mm fans. Instead what you need to do is get some three-prong to PSU adapters - and you can get these at any computer store, I think even Radio Shack carries them - and power the fans from the PSU instead of the motherboard.

As far as the keyboard goes that I cant solve - you may want to check with Logitech for a possible RMA / replacement.

backtopc

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
Another thing I noticed. My mobo has a cpu indicator with 4 lights. Before all 4 would stay on all the time, now they don't turn on at all. Does this mean something I should be concerned with? Anyone have any answers to some of these issues?

g-unit1111

Titan
I ran into some major fan issues when I got my Graphite 600T as well. The thing is most motherboards wont power giant 140, 160, and 200mm fans. Instead what you need to do is get some three-prong to PSU adapters - and you can get these at any computer store, I think even Radio Shack carries them - and power the fans from the PSU instead of the motherboard.

As far as the keyboard goes that I cant solve - you may want to check with Logitech for a possible RMA / replacement.

Solution

backtopc

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
I'm able to get into my bios now with my delete key. Still though, the right side of the keyboard buttons dont work still. One other thing that has me confused. My bios tells me my cpu goes up to 50 degrees when just idling. But the coretemp app and other apps tell me what it should be at and that's about 30-35 degrees. I ran prime 95 on the balance test setting and it didn't go higher than 53 degrees. Why is it my cpu indicator lights are now suddenly not going on, was it supposed to be this way to begin with, and now what it should be with no lights on?

I'm not too concerned about my 2nd case fan not working as long as everything is still remaining at a pretty decent temprature.

backtopc

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
I'm really started to get annoyed now. Something cant be right. Just played the Crysis demo and got the BSOD, what is the problem here, is this a faulty mobo? With the fan not working, cpu indicator lights going on and off, and now this, do I need to send this back?

g-unit1111

Titan

Could very well be a faulty motherboard. I had that problem with my Asus EVO and it would boot up into Windows and if it was idle it was fine, but if it was using the computer or the CPU to do anything it would immediately BSOD on me and eventually I wound up having to totally replace the motherboard and CPU.