System Beeps

Hi Everyone,

I have a new build I have been working on (parts installed listed below). I have nothing else installed however when I power the system on just to get into BIOS I hear a continuous short beep and nothing happens. From reading the manual that came with the motherboard it indicates a power issue. Is this because I have no memory installed? It is the where I plugged my fans in? The fan in the back of the case is installed on the SYS FAN 1 port, the CPU fan is installed in the CPU FAN port, and the front case fan installed in the SYS FAN 2 port on the motherboard. I also made sure all the connects are secure.

Anything else I should be looking for?

Case: COOLER MASTER Storm Enforcer

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Model #:GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Power Supply: CORSAIR Professional Series HX750
Model #:CMPSU-750HX

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K

Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212
3 answers Last reply
More about system beeps
  1. Having the exact same problem, with pretty similar specs......
  2. its telling you it has no RAM installed

its doing what its meant to
  3. fredblogges said:
    Having the exact same problem, with pretty similar specs......

hey fredblogges,

I ended up resolving the issue recently. What I did to stop the noise was to go into my BIOS and turn off C3/C6 State Support. You may want to check that in your BIOS. Below is a link to my MB manual.

Also, here is another thread I had going while I was having this noise issue.

Hope this helps, I could not deal with the high pitch noise. I think the noise is generated because of the C3/C6 power state settings and how the voltage is being changed. Being that my i5 already can OC'd I wonder if it was trying to draw more power then it was getting?

Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Fan Systems