Sign in with
Your question

System Beeps

Last response: in Systems
October 14, 2011 11:44:59 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have a new build I have been working on (parts installed listed below). I have nothing else installed however when I power the system on just to get into BIOS I hear a continuous short beep and nothing happens. From reading the manual that came with the motherboard it indicates a power issue. Is this because I have no memory installed? It is the where I plugged my fans in? The fan in the back of the case is installed on the SYS FAN 1 port, the CPU fan is installed in the CPU FAN port, and the front case fan installed in the SYS FAN 2 port on the motherboard. I also made sure all the connects are secure.

Anything else I should be looking for?

Case: COOLER MASTER Storm Enforcer

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Model #:GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Power Supply: CORSAIR Professional Series HX750
Model #:CMPSU-750HX

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K

Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212

More about : system beeps

October 24, 2011 10:21:48 PM

Having the exact same problem, with pretty similar specs......
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
October 24, 2011 11:00:45 PM

its telling you it has no RAM installed

its doing what its meant to
October 25, 2011 4:09:48 AM

fredblogges said:
Having the exact same problem, with pretty similar specs......

hey fredblogges,

I ended up resolving the issue recently. What I did to stop the noise was to go into my BIOS and turn off C3/C6 State Support. You may want to check that in your BIOS. Below is a link to my MB manual.

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Gigabyte/GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3/Man...

Also, here is another thread I had going while I was having this noise issue.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/324507-31-high-pitch-...

Hope this helps, I could not deal with the high pitch noise. I think the noise is generated because of the C3/C6 power state settings and how the voltage is being changed. Being that my i5 already can OC'd I wonder if it was trying to draw more power then it was getting?

Thanks....
!